• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Binoc's

Rippinlip

Just give me some ideas for a set to put on my bino straps. I have had some big ones on there and the are not real good for what I need. Looking for a better field of view at closer ranges and lighter to leave on while I shoot my bow. I am looking mostly for bow hunting and in real thick brush, maybe max of 100-150 yards, I will keep the big boys in the backpack or in the truck.

I have a pair of 10x25 Nikon that I use for hunting the woods. I love 'em! Right about $100.

I got a set of 10X auto focus ones... THink bushnell makes em... smallish, but not too small. And love the auto focus feature, cant figure out how it works, but it does!

I bought a pair of this years Bushnell Legends. For the money, I believe they're the best you can buy. I did a ton of research on binocs in the $250 to $400 price range and I'm super happy with this purchase. Tons of people were happy with last years model and this years model has better glass and a nicer eye relief system. I highly recommend them.

I purchased a set of 10x42 Zhumell glasses a year or so ago. Smeller set and will fit into a little bit bigger coat pocket or a harness. I have been overjoyed with these glasses an would without a doubt buy them again. Lifetime warranty also.

If my memory serves me well, I believe I paid $275.00 for them.

• 10 months later...

Harvey, are the Zhumell's that you have the 10x42 Signature Waterproof binoc's? I found some online but want to make sure they are as good as the reviews I've seen. The main thing I am wondering about is how they do in low light. Thanks.

8 power work better IMHO for most whitetail hunting in MN. Easier to hold steady and wider field of view. I have a pair of Nikon Monarch 8x42 set up with bino buddies and love them.

I second the Bushnell Legends. For $250-$300 range.

I do recommend the 8x32. They are comfortable, light/small, with BAK 4 prisms and have an exit pupil of 4 (about the max light gathering humans can notice).

Has anyone ever seen the Zhumells in a store? I checked their website but there are no stores listed.

I bought a pair of Cabelas last year for Colorado out of the bargain cave They listed for 330.00 and I paid 170.00 for them Of course I didnt get a warranty with them , but not really worried about it either though. Great pair of Bino's