• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trade idea?

Dahitman44

How about trading Santana for Brad Hawpe and Garrett Atkins. Maybe we could get a couple of minors as well.

Some people might see this trade as bad for the Rockies but they have NO PROBLEM filling in position players -- even some like Hawpe and Atkins.

Others say we can't trade Santana -- we HAVE to. We can't keep everyone so he is the most likely player on the team to be moved. Like the Viola deal I guess.

Just wondering what you guys think of that.

Thanks

Hit

I think to move Santana we have to get a starting pitcher or starting pitcher prospects in return.

Trade Santana for a starting RF and CF. I heard the other weekend they are moving Cuddy to 3b next year.

I see the brewers released Corey Koske,or are going to be. If he was healthy, and willing to take a pay cut, I would take him back on 3rd, before putting Cuddy there. With Cuddies arm, we need him in the out field!

I agree -- Cuddy needs to stay in right field. As far as a deal -- this organization needs hitting prospects a lot more than pitching

I wouldn't mind the first rumor...David Wright and a couple of prospects from the Met's.

Quote:

I heard the other weekend they are moving Cuddy to 3b next year.

I sure hope not. Last time they tried that, it didn't work out at all. He needs to stay in RF with his cannon.

I don't think there is any chance the Mets would trade Wright.

That would be nice ...

The Rockies deal might be better in the long run.

IMO, it would be stupid to trade away their best pitcher/ one of the league's best pitchers. I think there has to be better ways to improve. Whether it be a different trade or the twins always productive farm system. I didn't watch as much this year as most years and don't know what they have coming up, but imo DON'T TRADE YOUR BEST PLAYER.

Ely --

I hear what you are saying, but Smilin' Carl will not open his wallet, and if you listen to Sid, we should all feel sorry for him.

There is NOTHING in the farm system that can hit a ball. Our only option is to trade him or let him go for nothing via free agency.

dahit,

Who is Sid?

Also me being out of state all summer I didn't get the normal twins exposure and info I'm used to. Thats too bad there is nothing in the farm system.

If they do trade him, I hope they get a good starting pitcher plus another quality player/ prospects.

Oh -- That is Sid Hartman -- the guy that thinks he knows everything at the Star/Tribune.

The farm system has a good amount of top pitching prospects but Zippo on the position players. That is why we need hitters for Santana and pitching prospects.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite the guy Sid is. A couple of weeks back he said that if Hunter signs with another team the Twins will: (A)Have a player on the current roster play CF, (B) make a trade that will bring a CF to the club, © Promote a player from the minor leagues, or (D) Sign a free agent to play CF. Are you sure about that Sid(Captain Obvious)? I thought I heard that the Twins were going to be selling raffle tickets to the general public and the winner would play in CF.

Santana isn't nearly as effective as he used to be and the numbers show that. I'd bet he'll go sometime next year before the July trading deadline. He'd become Bert Bonser in Colorado.

Quote:

Santana isn't nearly as effective as he used to be and the numbers show that. I'd bet he'll go sometime next year before the July trading deadline. He'd become Bert Bonser in Colorado.

We've been so spoiled by having one of the best pitchers in baseball at the front of our rotation for the past few years that the guy slips from "best" to "one of the best" for a couple of months & people start calling him Bonser? Brilliant.

Although I'm sure that there are lots of GMs out there that will pause now that they "know" Santana isn't "nearly as effective as he used to be". Perhaps the Twins will be able to afford this less "effective" version of Santana after all, since he's now on Bonser's plane. smirk.gif Heck, pocket change should do it!