• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lindy rigs

when you buy the pre made lindy rigs that have 14 lbs test on it,do you change the line on it or keep it the same? I've only changed it once on Mille Lacs and they bit right through it.

I make my own lindy's for my yearly trip up to Mille Lacs. I usually make them in 6, 7, 8, and 9 foot lengths with different color blades, beads, and hooks in a bunch of different combinations and variations ALL in 8lb vanish. I never use snells that long around south central mn. I spose you could get away with heavier lines in some places but I've never gotten bit off with 8 on Mille Lacs. Could easily get bit off my a pike even if your using 20 though. On Mille Lacs though, the past three years I've out fished all the other guys in the party... don't know if it has something to do with line or not... Could be.