• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Omega Which bullet?

DRH1175

Just purchased a new omega and was wondering what bullet everyone uses in theirs? It came with 10 Shock Waves and I picked up some 245gr powerbelts. I am going to try the Jim Shockey gold Sticks.

I don't have an omega but becareful I have a Pro Hunter and they made the barrel a hair skinnier so the TC bullets fit down them. I have a heck of a time with Powerbelts, Barnes, and Hornady after I shoot one time and try to reload. Don't know what they did but I can't shoot anything but them it kinda sucks but nothing I can really do about it.

when I got my Omega I shot a lot of different bullets and they were all over the place. I called TC and they said the guns were designed to shoot TC bullets. I got shockwaves in 250 grain and I can consistently shoot nice groups now. I have been running the 777 powder without issue for 3 years now, alot cleaner than some of the other powders.

I'm running my Omega with Triple 7 with Triple Seven primers. I've had good luck with patterning the powerbelts, but their performance on the bear I shot was terrible. I'll be trying shockwaves for the deer season.