• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been fishing Alexander lately??????

I havne't been out on the lake in about a month and am planning on getting back out there this coming weekend. Anyone been moving fish lately? Thanks for any comments.

I was out on 10/13... Moved one Musky... Caught a HUGE bass... Caught one 12 inch Walleye at sundown.

Algae level was EPIC... Water level is about 3 feet down...

Which is strange... Water level was higher during the drought... Get a ton of rain, and it's the lowest I've ever seen!

Thanks Dances.

Can't believe that the algae is still going strong out there. Thought it would have been done by now. Going to try and get out tomorrow and monday if the weather will cooperate. Got to get the ol Lund out a couple more times before she goes to bed for the winter!!!! blush.gif

Musky,

I will watch for ya on monday. I will be home on break, and if I can't get to mille lacs I will be on Alex. If you get a chance throw up tomorrows results.

thanks

dan

dano -

hit me up if your looking for someone to fish with. alex the last two days has been really slow. be on n & w side of mille lacs this weekend. most likely back to alex next week - drop me a line and lets fish.....

I am taking off work on thursday and heading out to alex. I can't remember the last time I was out there(or any other lake), it's got to be over a month ago. shocked.gif

Quote:

I am taking off work on thursday and heading out to alex. I can't remember the last time I was out there(or any other lake), it's got to be over a month ago.
shocked.gif

Water is really low...

Based on the Rock on the northside of Hay Stack... I'd guess it was down about 3 feet as of 2 weeks ago.

I went out of the East landing, and took myself out past the shallows using my trolling motor on it's shallowest setting, not wanting to risk dropping the main motor and have a big wave trough bang the skeg off bottom.

I can only imagine that the West Landing is worse.

I did move 1 Musky about 40-45 inches, and caught 2 eyes at Sundown.

two this morning - other than that its been real slow out there - water is way down - the one guy launch of a skeeter deep-v is not and easy task at the east ramp with no dock.....

treno- sorry I didn't hook up with ya for fishin. Spent 12 hours out on Lacs on Saturday and after that stayed home and fished eyes and shot geese. Good too see that you are still catchin a few, must have had a good teacher for that lake.haha. laters

dano

mtreno,

I was just heading out as you were coming in. We didn't even see a fish, stayed til about 1:30.

A two man launch with no dock and 15 mph crosswind is not much fun either laugh.gif I did see that the dock was still in at the west end, next time I will go there.

nothing more that morning - huh - thought maybe you guys would see some action. the other dock at the west access is out. was sitting on shore last time i was there.

went out monday - moved one nice fish - other than that real slow for me - my time is being spent in the treestand trying to get some good hunting in before all the city gun id io.t.s get to town......

• 3 weeks later...

Say,

My Buddy and I were chatting about Ice Fishing season, and some of the locales on Alexander...

But it always gets riddled with pressure ridges...

I know there's an access on the South End, but the one time I've driven down that road I didn't really have my eyes peeled to look for it. And I didn't see any signs for a public water access.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to find it, and what the parking situation is?

Dances,

It is there. Don't blink or you will miss it. Has a decent lot though. I used it last year and is right before there is a rise in the road.

EJ

Thanks!

How is the pressure ridget situation on that part of the lake?

Can you get out to the Rock Pile off of Hay Stack, or Anderson Point?

I use that one quite a bit too. Last year, if I remember right, there was a ridge running north and south from each end of Haystack. Everything east of Haystack was fine.

Shamalex has it right. The ridge usually runs north and south of Haystack. It was especially bad last year and had a difficult time crossing until later in the year.

See you guys up ther in a few weeks!

EJ