• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NDSU 31.........GOPHERS 17... Lets hear your prediction!!!

10,000 Casts

I have to say it! NDSU is going to come into the Metrodome and come away with the W! Any takers?????

Sad for the Gophs but they are going to get out played and out-coached. I don't think that they can stop Rohl. NDSU has the better Quaterback in Walker and Joe Mays is going to come ready to play. Better kicker too in Dragosivich! grin.gif

I am expecting some serious backlash from you Gopher fans so let me have it... But NDSU will still come home with the victory!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10,000 Casts

• PierBridge

• LMITOUT

• TommyJ33

21-18 NDSU. Gophers miss three FG's, Weber throws 3INTs returned for TD's and run's in 3 TD's, then they go for 2 on each one and come up short.

Gophs are kinda beat up, aren't they? I say it will be a good game. Espicially after Brewster called them

"the little green guys from North Dakota"

31-28 Bison

Little green guys from ND LOL!

Thats pretty funny. Craig Bohl is the nicest guy in the world but I don't think you want to make him mad.

Gophs have one of teh worst defenses in college football giving up just uder 600 yards a game.

NDSU is going to have to play pretty bad to lose.

I agree John. Coach Bohl does have his poop in a group, that is for sure.

Say, how is the fall musky, walleye bite on Leech coming along?

Anybody get a betting line on this game? I looked online this morning and couldn't find one.

I hate to say it, but NDSU 27, Gophers 24.

These are some lean years for the Gophs and it make take a while for things to get better. I'm giving Brewster the benefit of the doubt that he will get things going in the future. Bill Callahan brought the West Coast Offense to Nebraska and they struggled the first year as well. But 5-6 is completely different from 1-10!

I think both teams are playing for something. I think that the gophs know they played poor last year and all of this year and need the win for themselves and their coach that has his foot in his mouth, and obviously NDSU has all the MN players that were spurned, last year's loss, their #1 D1-AA ranking, etc.

They don't put lines on games involving different levels (e.g. Div. I-AA versus Div. 1).

As excited as people are to see ND come in and win, and as bad as the Gophers have been, I think the Gophers win and win big.

Minnesota 42

North Dakota 17

I'm hearing NDSU is 3 at this point in town here.

I was thinking 6 myself.

Of course anything could happen but to me it looks like a blowout for the Bison if you factor in they outplayed us last and should have won the game they seem to be a better overall team this year and we "MN" are clearly a much worse team this year.

Even though the game is going to be played at the MetroDome I fully expect the North Dakota Fans will out number and definitely be louder than the Gophers Fans kind of like the Pack vs Vikings game a few weeks ago at the Dome.

Good Luck....Go Gophs! grin.gif

I can't go against the home town squad, even though it don't look good for the gopher.

31-27 Gophs! cool.gif

Chise,

I was looking to place a wager on the game as well. I figured that you could bet on just about anything but I haven't been able to find anything on the net.

For all you Gopher fans I just don't see it. Last year, I thought the bison were going to get routed and they certainly outplayed the gophs.

Win or lose, this needs to be a wakeup call for Minnesota. With a school of that size and sweet new stadium on the way, they need to contend in the Big 10 with-in 5 years.

None the less it will be pretty bad if you pay a team in a lesser division a ton of money to come down and play you and they come in and take it to ya.

Still sticking to NDSU 31, Gophs 17

Tommy,

The walleye fishing is absolutly phenomenal right now. I have heard jig and a fathead, lindys and shad raps are all good right now and they are hitting all over.

For Muskies its been pretty good, not great but pretty good. I have been sticking to the rocks on the main lake but most the guides seem to be fishing Walker Bay.

So this weekend is the big event. As was the case last year prior plans will keep me from the game frown.gif. So what is going to be the out come.

I made the coment last year that the bison had a good shot as the gophers were down last year and the bison were playing well. Then the bison rolled in and won every aspect of the game except for the most important one being the score board. Well this year finds the Bison (No.1 ranking in the FCS Coaches Poll) undefeated and the Gophers have what 1 win? Well this year I think they have a better shot than last year. I think the Herd will pull it out this year. I am going to say 24-17 Bison.

b48425375mk2.png

I don't think the Gophers will over look them quite as much as they did last year. But I tell you what one hit from Joe Mays and they won't think of them as little green guys. New coach for the gophers but I doubt that will help. The Coach Bohl is awesome what a great coach. The Gophers should have went after him. Maybe they will realize this after this weekend. Did you catch that BOLD text.

You all are crazy. They will not come in and beat a Big Ten school. I highly doubt the Bison's defense will be able to stop the Gophers offense.

Gophers 38 - Bison 20

Quote:

You all are crazy. They will not come in and beat a Big Ten school. I highly doubt the Bison's defense will be able to stop the Gophers offense.

Thats what makes this soooo sweet my friend.

I highly doubt the Gophers defense will be able to stop the Bison offense.

oh Yeah...I will be there. cool.gif

Bison Tailgate party before and after the game east of the dome in the lot off 11th Ave and 3rd st

I just want this game over with because I can't stand the tension any longer! I don't know if the Bison can pull it off with all the hype now, and I'm starting to wonder if over confidence will come into play with them. I hope they can do it but I think it could go either way.

I hope it doesn't get decided by a few, or many, blown calls either way so we then have to listen to the cop-outs that we get with the Vikes, etc. every week down here. Oh yeah, those pesky clock operators too. smirk.gif

I'll be out pheasant hunting in ND this weekend and listening to it on the radio between walks, but I have the DVR set so I can watch when I get back. BTW, it's on the Big 11 Network this weekend.

I agree with KatoMike, and I don't know why for sure. I have been frusterated with the gophers this year but I have a feeling that the gophers are going to have a big game. Maybe us people from Mankato think alike grin.gif. I say Gophers 38, NDSU 17.

Quote:

Gophers 38 - Bison 20

What offense??

The Bison defense is awesome always a strong point of their program. I don't know that the Bison will win but it will be a close game not a blow out. Not alot has change with either of there programs other than a new coach for the gophers since last year. Last year we all know what happend and what should have happend.

Hey it is a win win for me I grew up a Gopher fan but went to school at NDSU and now live out here so that is who I am pulling for. I will have to listen to in on the radio. Deer stand repair weekend is this weekend so I have other plans.

There will be plenty of Green and Gold in the stands this weekend. I bet there will be nearly as many NDSU fans as Gophers fans. It has to be nice to actually sell the stadium one a year grin.gif.

If the Bison play a solid game, they win by 2 touchdowns... If they play bad, they lose... I think that they will be ready.

If anything, the Gophs might be able to throw the ball down field. Other than that the Bison defence is pretty solid and I don't see them scorring more than 2 TD'S.

The Bison have more weopons on offence and a better Quarterback and they shouldn't have much trouble moving the ball.

Also, hype or no hype, The Bison are to well coached to let that bother them, a prime example is last year when there was twice as much hype as there is now.

The bison dont run that wide open spread that kills the gopher defense. They will do some stuff too mimic a spread but its not their game. Ohio State came into the dome with a more conventional offense and the gopher D actually manned up pretty well. The difference here is that the bison defense just isnt quite what Ohio States defense was. MN 34-NDSU 17 and no one will ever have too listen too any of this again because this is as bad as a gopher team as you'll ever see.

Quote:

If the Bison play a solid game, they win by 2 touchdowns... If they play bad, they lose... I think that they will be ready.

If anything, the Gophs might be able to throw the ball down field. Other than that the Bison defence is pretty solid and I don't see them scorring more than 2 TD'S.

The Bison have more weopons on offence and a better Quarterback and they shouldn't have much trouble moving the ball.

Also, hype or no hype, The Bison are to well coached to let that bother them, a prime example is last year when there was twice as much hype as there is now.

Well said...unfortunately!

Go Goofs!.. grin.gifgrin.gif

The way I see it; is that it's a no-lose situation for the Bison. If they win, the chest-thumping fans will be going nuts over beating a horrible big-10 team. If they lose, they can fall back on the "we're just a little 1-AA school that got beat by the big guys". The same thing applies in reverse for the gophers, no credit if they win and absolute ridicule if they lose (which would be deserved). That's my prediction, as for the game; I have no idea, I'll be out fishing.