• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

crappies are hitting good,waleyes are slow but nice size 14 to 24 inchs, should get much more action next couple weeks

Albert Lea Lake has been just great for me the last few weeks, Largemouth and walleye. C&R everything - everything has been 20+ inches!! I would expect with the next week to be really good - full moon, cooler temps & higher pressure, with alot of water movement on the lake- Oct 23-27

If you do fish it please help pickup, there are alot pigs that leave trash around.

Fishing below the dam by China rest. I take it? Btw didn't I start this thred Al & fountain Lks??

Thanks for setting that one straight. I just have to write in my 2 cents on the channel! I've been there several times in the last few months and came to this unsettling of observations. Down there represents some of the most inconsiderate fishermen I've ever seen. They certainly give the sport a terrible smear. First of all, can we pick up after ourselves? There is more trash in & around the water than in the cans! With the 60 people hanging there daily someones gotta witness the ones responsible for this??? Next, can people stop landscaping the shoreline!?! I've seen several bushes & trees cut down for more shoreline options I imagine. I've enjoyed fishing down there on occasion and have all too much witnessed events I'd rather not have. Those two are top on my list so had to share! Lastly please disregard if this does not pertain to you. I am not over generalizing nor trying to start any arguments. Just had to state what I did.

crappies r biting good walleyes bite is ok but i have caught 3 over 20 " a 24,21,20 also 2 15" tons of small ones.

yeah I hear ya, I've watched from the road or the pkg lot several times as I witnessed people cossing lines and standing hip to hip etc.Thats why I dont fish in that jungle down there.

now u see y i fish fountain lake yesterday we had a really good fish fry of walleyes i caught 6 really nice one . today went back out hit them again nice fish another meal for tommorrow.

bolan, I totally agree with you on that one!we all have a really good thing going for us now on these two lakes, and i even mention to a couple of people that they left their pop bottles behind and ive told them if you bring it in you take back with you, they looked at me like a deer in headlights!I have caught a lot of nice walleyes down there some pushin 26 to 27 inches now, that i put back in the water for some one else to catch, one was a fat pig!I also pick up garbage down there and will continue to bring garbage bags with me. We should really have a clean up day just for the land between the lakes!it really bothers me too that so many fish down there but arent willing to pick up their mess or try to retrieve most of the fishing line out of the water when snagged. LETS ALL KEEP IT CLEAN DOWN AT THE CHANNEL AND REMEMBER TO RELEASE A FEW FISH ALSO! ONLY ONE OVER 20" IS THE LAW !!

I am all for the cleanup effort. I always pick up others trash.

Also, we really need some signage for C&R and the 20" rule at the dam

i've always taken my trash home when i go out on fountain, i do agree with u all, what a bunch of slobs lazy goofball trash can 30 ft or less they dont want to move to it. any way did ya hear the warden is out and ticketing people i heard someone got hit with a huge fine yesterday 31 walleyes over the limit they found them in the trunk of the cars spare tire well. i hope they throw the book on that person, i seen to many people day after day going out catching limits the same ones too, u cant tell me they eat walleyes everyday. i ate 2 fish fries and i am burned out on it, good tasty eyes, for now catch and relase unless i have the fish cravings again not for a long time from now. anyways i'm putting down the pole and picking up my deer hunting stuff for the next 20 days. btw all baitshop will be closed for the yr, better start finding other places everyone no more bait shack they perm closed there door for coles bait will soon follow till next spring. we all should think of ideas to find bait. have a good day everyone good luck fishing and hunting.

I should hope D & R is watching. i've seen all too many double dippers in the past. lately been seeing quite a few larger stringers . Happen to see some guy at the Kwik Trip Thur. night with a stringer pulled outta lake, from what I could see a most were quite a bit bigger than 20. The biggest looked close to 25".

Funny you should say that. I've caught a few in the recent weeks but hardly kept any. Some of them are just too big. It's a shame that people stringer up multiple 20+ inchers. I agree with whoever mentioned earlier releasing more fish. Gotta respect and appreciate what you got there.

P.S. The bite's been terribly slow down there. Better in lake!

Hey wanger [what a name] caught another nice one sat should start bringin the camera and the net! at least this one i got to hold for a while and admire it and had to keep one that was 19.5 it had the bait totally engulfed and his gills was bleeding bad, by the way i was sick most of the weekend but i needed to get out of the house for some fresh air,i'll see ya tomorrow.

heres a idea to put and end to the over fishing nice walleye, have the D&R put up a massive fine 5,000.00 and 500.00 for ever fish over the lenght and limit, and then 10 yrs in jail. and take their homes away too, everything they own. then they will think twice before taking more then the legal limits. what u think guys and gals?

first of all some body has to teach these angler's the law's. plain & simple, that's why the dnr print's out these law book's!!!! 6 fish-1 fish over 20inch's (not all 6 fish) what I seem to miss out of the picture is WHY do people seem to have to hide their fish & continue to take more than there limit's, how much fish can a person eat? confused.gif

Quote:

heres a idea to put and end to the over fishing nice walleye, have the D&R put up a massive fine 5,000.00 and 500.00 for ever fish over the lenght and limit, and then 10 yrs in jail. and take their homes away too, everything they own. then they will think twice before taking more then the legal limits. what u think guys and gals?

I think bigger fines are a good idea as well as being more public about who these people are. Perhaps the DNR should be more aggressive about printing pictures of the offenders as well as their names and addresses. I don't think wasting our tax money on jailing these people is a good idea, however.

i am very glad u liked my idea, where i am orginaly from in maine wardens dont put up with anything at all, they really enforce the laws and bi laws also, when the book says 5 bass it means 5 i seen 2 brothers arressted in mines after they were reported and they were fined 10,000 for have 15 bass over the limit, they had to turn over both of there trucks and personal stuff to the state, they also had 2 yrs in jail for failing follow court orders, the state put a lein on both homes and there camps, if they didnt pay the fine in 5 yrs bam they lost everything man of a fact my cousin bought the camp on the lake i used to live on. that was owned by one of the brothers. if u like to reach me [email protected]

These are all great ideas, maybe they should put their pictures in the AL trib and for their punishment they would have to pick up garbage in the channel and around the lakes!! I would be happy with that.

True, maybe the dnr can have a web site with the pictures of all the illegal game hogs, that might change things a little.