• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any ducks on the 3rd River Flowage?

I will be up ther next week and was wondering if anyone has been out there? If you have, how is the duck numbers? I know that the migration has barely started. Any info. would be great! Thanks!

I have been hunting clpse to winnie and I have been seeing lots of teal yet I dont think we have had a major influx of ducks coming down yet

lots od ucks around I am not sure of third river though

Jason

Saturday morning, the first shot was fired almost 20 minutes after legal. We stayed for almost 2 hours and saw less than 2 dozen ducks TOTAL! We got the redhead that was the only duck that came with-in 200 yards of us. There wasn't a box of shells fired ANYWHERE with-in hearing distance of the flowage. No ducks, weather forecast of the same above average temps and MEA weekend with the big push of tourists...a good weekend to stay home and get a few things done and score some points with "the boss".

i was over by talmoom this past weekend and only seen 7 ducks aalso. not much for grouse either.

Thanks for the replies guys! We will still probably give it a shot. Last year we also hunted Little Cut Foot and did really well. Anyone been out there? I just wish these cooler temps would push some newer birds into the area. I hunt mostly Southern MN and there are not a lot of birds around right now, but we are shootong ringnecks down here (A little early I think). Anyways, thanks again for the help and good luck the rest of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody seeing any more ducks? Not just on the third river but around the area in general? Thinking about hunting this weekend. Thanks.