• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How the water levels on Cass now? We're going to be up there next Wednesday for our annual MEA trip. Hopefully we can float a boat this year, last year we struggled to get out of the harbor. We did some serious dredging with the lower unit to get out.

You should be ok... It all depends on what they do with the dams.. If Clark reads this he may be able to give you an more accurate reading on the water levels... Clark owns Horseshoe Resort and knows this lake about as good as anyone... I know Pike Bay is low. PBC had a tough time getting his 621 off the lift last week... That was before the rain we had... Cass only recieved a dusting of the snow compared to the west in Bemidji that recieved almost 2 inches of that white stuff....

Beef

Darn right I had a tough time. It sucks we have to worry about the water levels every year now it seems.

Some accesses will be very tough if you have a high sitting boat or trailer.

Consider yourselves lucky. I've had my boat off the lift since the week prior to Labor Day due to low water levels near Alexandria. Took me 30 minutes to rock the boat (1850 Crestliner) off the lift way back then.

The rain we had earlier this week helped out alot with the water levels. It seems like the lake is up about 2 to 3 inches, possibly as much as 4 inches. The lake isn't nearly as low as it was this time last year.

coming up second week in november. was thinkin of stayin at sunsetcove again. will we be able to access the main lake from there or is that a problem that time of year. oh by the way, do ya have any specific spots to fish that time of year wink.gifgrin.gif

You should have no problem getting out to the main lake from Sunset. As far as spots for that time of year....I assume walleyes.....any of the steep breaks on the main lake bars should produce. Deadman's, Turtle River, North Cedar, as well as some of the deep humps on the main lake. Also check out Allen's Bay.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info man. i've heard nothing but good things about the walleye fishin on cass in november. haven't been in the area since mid august, can't wait to finish up the crops and get up there!