• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
french_lake_kid

Cut Beans VS. Alfalfa

french_lake_kid

I have an alfalfa field I've hunted early goose in all season. It has 2 bean-fields on each side, which are probly now cut. What field should I set up in? There are no bariers, fences,gaps,roads ect. between them. Should I set up on the edge of 2 fields or all in 1 & which 1? Thanx

norwall

from my experience I would opt for the beans.Seems like earlier in the yr the alfalfa works but as time goes on and the cooler it gets it seems like the birds want the protein and then as the corn comes out they get into that, kinda like a going right down tha line sorta.Are they using either of the fields? if so go to the one or the other or are ya just hoping? then its a toss up maybe wit some calling you can persuade a flock to take a look and possibly comit,just my$.02

fish4cats

I agree with norwall, go for the beans. I have hunted bean fields well into the season and even late season. With a good decoy spread and some calling, you should have no problem if there are birds in the area.

HUNTFISH69

Beans are definatley worth a shot towards the late season when most of their other food sources become scarce.

ironman

Was out by Detroit lakes and Fergus area on Sunday...I was't field hunting but there were tons of geese using been fields right next to cut corn fields...take it for what its worth.

waxworm

Go to the one the geese are sitting in cool.gif