• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Cayman

bonefish

I've just won a company trip to the Cayman Islands in late February. I know there is a bonefish population there, but not sure on the quality. My guess is that it's probably similar to that of Cozumel? Have any of you fished there?

I've never fished there or been there, but my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have. They had a great time and I'm green with envy of your good luck winning the trip.

Bonefish is on my list of species I want to fish for. I guess they're not much for eating, but they fight like crazy and sure are fun to catch. I've done a little reading on the topic and I guess an 8 or 9wt is the ticket for bonefish.

No doubt there are plenty of internet resources to check out that will give you an idea of what kind of fishing is available there along with guide information, fishing charters, etc.

Good luck in your search and have a great time when you go.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• FishinCT
      We couldn’t put a pattern together this week. The few keepers and the one 25” slot fish we got were caught moving slowly up and down reef edges in 15-24 feet. Nothing off the edge and nothing on the tops. Very tough fishing, found bugs and baitfish top to bottom in the water column almost everywhere we went. Should’ve just switched to bass. 
    • Dash 1
      Found a spot this morning and picked up 5. Lost over a dozen as well. 3 of us fishing and their inexperience hurt.  Hope the wife doesn't see this.😁   Found them on a hump about 17 ft. in big bay south end.  If I moved off it by 20 ft nothing. I think the best plan is to troll slowly and if you get 1 stop and jig it. Leeches or crawlers both worked.
    • Dash 1
      Found a spot this morning and picked up 5. Lost over a dozen as well. 3 of us fishing and their inexperience hurt.  Hope the wife doesn't see this.😁
    • Dash 1
      Skeeters are big and nasty at vermilion.  Any bigger I might start a chocolate covered deep fried mosquito for state fair food. 
    • Kettle
      Maybe his blood is not as tasty as mine? Just got back from a run, the deer flies were thick, I do have hair of a Greek god so they get lost in there 😅 
    • Eyeguyroyce54
      Find that 23 incher!!
    • Wanderer
      You may have more walleyes near your new crib than up north?  You’re not in the Metro anymore Toto!
    • leech~~
      Someday, I'll have to get down there and pitch something out.  Trying to find a Walleye up north been suking right now! 🫤
    • Rick G
      The mighty Mississippi has finally dropped enough that fishing isn't so much work again😂.  Been getting a good mix of river species this past week...lots and lots of bass though. Have even gotten a few real close to 20in.... Still looking for that first legit beast yet this summer.    Hey Leechy...... If you line up that big boulder and the hospital you pretty much got my area😁😂. 5-6 ft of water, fishies using the big rocks as a break from the current.  Crayfish and minnow colors with Ned rigs
    • smurfy
      my brother is up there right now..........he's been lippin off via text........which isnt unusual!!!!!!! 😆 but hasnt said anything about the bugs.......yet!!!!!   mayhaps with the vodka he drinks he dont notice!!!!!!🙄🤣

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.