• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

miltona or irene advice

Have a cabin on Irene and was heading up there to do a little fishing this weekend. Was planning on mostly fishing on Irene for eyes but was wondering if it was worth it to pop over to miltona and wanted to see if anyone had any reports. Was planning on rigging during the day and going out at night trolling cranks. Havent had much luck once it gets dark on irene so was wondering if anyone having any luck with cranks after dark on miltona. Wife and kids not coming this weekend so will be fishing pretty much from thrusday night through sunday

thanks

Caught several huge crappies on Miltona this last weekend. Many over a pound.

I don't like to "fish and tell", but them big crappies are sure fun to catch!

would be nice to run into those, just hoping after the cold both of those lakes arent turning over this weekend

It sure would be nice to run into those. I havn't been out on Miltona for a few weeks now, but I do know that things have been pretty quiet around there. Obviously, quiet can mean one of two things (Really Good or Really Bad).

Hey Knute,

Are you saying the walleyes are at 50’ of water or the water depth is 50’?

Either way, at what depth were the fish hanging at.

I have found fish in 35’ – 40’ of water with the fish around the 20’ – 25’ foot range??

Mainly on the west end…

well i'd post a report but wife got sick and had to look after her and 3 yr old this weekend so didn't get a chance to go anywhere, was a long weekend

Went out to Miltona twice this weekend in the deep water 50 to 80 feet in the deep holes. Caught alot of fishing went through alot of minnows. we caught probably around 70 fish a day but its a little said that most of them are 10 inchers or smaller. you would catch 15 fish and then get out that is 15 inches or so pulled out one big fishing 26 inches. just wondering where the big fish are or if their jsut not biting yet?

Drake, think outside the box right now, we are catching big fish extremely shallow. Leave the deep and easy fish alone. If you need some more info, remember this summer when No meant No. Stop in and see Shane and I we are working Friday nite at the main.

One thing that I Notice that should be a huge concern for fisherman though is pulling the fish out of 38 feet of water or deeper a new STUDY says that anything deeper than 38 feet of water 70% of those fish die I was just informed by A well known fisherman. So fisherman look out of where your pulling those fish out from the big fish aren't always deep. and watch that depthfinder when you get below 38 feet start looking to go back up that bank. I know that I wont be fishing in anything deeper than 25 feet. Unless you dont want to be fishing for those marble eyes in 5 to 10 Years.

• 2 weeks later...

thought i would bring this up one more time, going out there this weekend for the last time this year and plan on trolling cranks shallow at night at both these lakes, anyone been out recently?