• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott M

When is the first cold front coming through?

Scott M

Will we make it 1/3 of the way through a 60 day season without a cold front? Just curious if anybody has heard anything...I know probably too far out to tell. We need to get some migrators through.

icecold

Cold front, whats a cold front, havnt seen one of those for the past 5 duck seasons, maybe in dec we will get one

guppie

How cold are you looking for? High of 49 for wensday, thats a heck of alot better than 87! grin.gif

french_lake_kid

I heard snow flurries for 2sday night! shocked.gif Cant wait,this wknd should be much duckier weather! smile.gif

Abrams

This is nothing, not enought to push down ducks to southern MN. Look at the long range forecast, not much. We need a front bad, stale ducks that are getting call, decoy, shore shy.

Scott M

I'm heading up north, so it works for me!

surewood

New ducks are showing up here. It was dead all last week now they are filling in. Mostly mallard, teal, and ringneck. It's pretty cold up here now and a good 20mph nw wind.

HugoBox

A cold front here probably won't do much more for us than to make it feel like duck weather. I can't imagine that we see any siginificant push of new birds without cold fronts in Manitoba and Ontario. My biggest reason for wanting chilly weather now is to get rid of mosquitos for the year. It sounds nuts but I'm already anxious for the snowy ice breaking days.

ironman

IN my limited experience what I've found is that the first couple small cold fronts just end up moving the local birds out but not enough to get those tough old canuck birds down so we end up with the usual mid season slow down, not as many birds around. I intend to do alot more scouting this year and try harder to be on the X even when fewer birds are around.

snowgoose

I just came home from Manitoba yesterday from 8 days of hunting and a couple days of scouting. I can tell you that there were new ducks and geese moving into soutern Manitoba every day that I was there. Strong NW winds for the last 2 days I was there. Saw a lot of real high flocks moving toward Minnesota. We did get a couple of large northern red legs. Temps were mid 30's to low 40's with rain snow mixed. If it drops a little more the big push will be on.

Hold on because it is only going to get better from here on out.

cool.gif