• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vadnais Lake??

Does anyone know if there is a launch on Vadnais (east Basin) that is publicly accessible?? I don't see a launch indicated on any of the maps I have looked at. Am I stuck with putting a canoe in only? Thanks for any help.

GoggleEye

Because it is the St Paul city water supply. So they guard it pretty closely.

And they just found Zebra Mussels in there so they will be watching a lot closer out there too. Not a good deal for the lake. Expect to see a big stink about now needing to clear the pipes of the mussels quite often and how much it costs taxpayers to do it.

Remembering how the zebra's improved the water clarity on Erie, would that mean St. Paul will get water so clear they forget there's water in their cups. Imagine that, "Honey, I hear it running but don't see it, are you sure there's water". grin.gif

Man, what a bummer. The surveys say there are some big walleyes in there, and a good amount of them too. What a bunch of bull!

confused.gif

Gog

At least the fish are starting to hit again....rumor is last week serveral wally's were caught....oops, maybe I should spread the rumor. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Quote:

At least the fish are starting to hit again....rumor is last week serveral wally's were caught....oops, maybe I should spread the rumor.
wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

uh oh...

wait for it...............

wait for it...............

Boat Launch on Vadnais? No way! This lake is shore fishing only. You cant even wade in the water! This is how strict this lake is.......

However, it is the BEST shore fishing lake in the whole metro area, in my opinion....

Largemouth bass, pikes, walleyes, can all be caught with ease from shore..... Dont you ever wonder why poeple fish the whole shoreline?

I use to catch walleyes all of the time on that lake... Right after you pass the water pump garage when you first enter the park... There is a big drop off from shore there... That walleye location is usually packed with fisherman...

Quote:

Man, what a bummer. The surveys say there are some big walleyes in there, and a good amount of them too. What a bunch of bull!

confused.gif

Gog

The fish populations are so good because of the limited fishing on the lake...

Quote:

Right after you pass the water pump garage when you first enter the park... There is a big drop off from shore there... That walleye location is usually packed with fisherman...

thats why I always see a bunch of people at that spot. I dont even bother fishing there.