• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey dude,

The Walleyes were biting fierce today. Caught alot of nice fish and brought home a few for dinner too. Released one around 6 lbs...real fat. Here are the eaters...

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thanks much sir.]

Justin

I knew I shoulda blown off that wedding last night and headed back up for one last round!

Did ya get them off my spot??!! grin.gif

I might get to slip out on to Rush Lake down here for the evening though...

Nice catch.

Jim,

Fish were real shallow, between 4-7 feet.

Wanderer, Nope, I was fishing a new place. Happened to stumble on them by accident. Yup, you should have been up here with the Fishmaster! grin.gif

Justin

vermilionwally, I would bet it was in the Ely area. Which is the same area that I caught and released this 31 last weekend. Finaly broke the 30 inch mark, its been a long time coming...

31inchesjo9.jpg

Nice fish there Capt.Blaine!

Yup, they were caught in the Ely area...that is about all the info I am going to divulge.

Fall fishing is here!!! Now if the heavy rain and lightning would just stop... crazy.gif

Justin

Justin have you ever tried that small lake off fernberg, across the street in the woods some from tofte lake? You park on the top by the road and walk down the trail there.. the water is blue green..

Justin:

Where'd the pic go? Those were real nice fish! Now as to the lake. Let's see get the boat hooked up, put the tackle in, drive to lake, launch boat, stumble upon fish, at least 1 in the picture was 18" so that may leave out The Garden, Fall, White Iron chain and its 17"-26" slot. I'll guess Shag or Fall. Anyway, nice fish. I'm jealous.

Are the public docks at the ramps still in the water? Closing down the shack next week and want to get after it one more time before ice up.

Hey Guys,

I got busted by the forum police. Apparently, you aren't supposed to post pictures of fish that are "out of their natural habitat or fish that are in a bucket".

NoMiss: There are ALOT of lakes that do not have a slot limit that hold nice fish up here. No, I did not fish on a lake that had a slot limit. It was just as you said, hook the boat up, launch, and start catching fish...which is what made it such a great day. Anyways, I am not sure about the docks...I was at a landing that never has one. Maybe G. Outdoors might know.

Hey Kallista, Do you mean that minnow pond on the north side of the highway just before the Tofte landing? Or Glacier Pond which is directly across the road from the Tofte landing and down that dirt road?

Not too sure how fishing will be this week...There is a cold front about to go past us. I don't think I am going to be able to get out for the next 10 days or so...which is a bummer. I guess someone else will have to get out there and slay 'em! grin.gif

Justin

Hey Kallista, Do you mean that minnow pond on the north side of the highway just before the Tofte landing? Or Glacier Pond which is directly across the road from the Tofte landing and down that dirt road?

Instead of turning left for Tofte you go right, down a dirt road and its on your right side, its a trout area too, you part up on top of the hill and walk down the path...

Just wanted to know hows the fishing there.. i ride through there alot just bumming out in the woods...

What was the water temp on Sag when you went?

Yeah, that is called Glacier Pond #1. I have never fished it before, but have always wanted to. Maybe go out there and give it a try...if all else fails, you can always try Glacier Pond #2. I believe it is just a little further down the road. Check the DNR's Website under "Lakefinder" to see if there was a recent survey out of those lakes. I am sure Great Outdoors will chime in on this one.

People are telling me water temps are running around 58 degrees as of last week. I haven't check anything personally.

Later,

Justin

JG smirk.gif

Yep, that's Glacier 1, 2 is down the road further but I think there is a locked gate between 1 & 2that the summer home owners have a key to.

Trapped minnows in 1, half the lake is shallow, half is deep.

Water temp was 58 degrees two days ago, not much colder today, but will start to cool down tomorrow with the expected snow.

FYI, Burntside was an inch above its highest level ever this morning, should be even higher the next few days. Many a dock will be destroyed next spring with water this high. mad.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

JustinG, nice mess of fish.

However there are forum rules for fish pictures. Those rules are in the forum policy for those that aren't sure.

Thanks Steve.

A big part of the policy is about composition and natural settings. Something that you'd blow up, frame, and hang in your living room.

Hunting Picture Guidelines

• Take photo in field before field dressing.

• Take photo closeup.

• Have weapon in photo (bow or gun) - not required.

• Wear hunting clothes.

• Do not sit on deer for photo.

• Clean up visible blood and make sure deer’s tongue doesn’t show.

• No sunglasses, beer cans or cigarettes.

Please click the Register link and read the policy before posting.

Thank you very much for your understanding and help in promoting pictures taken with good taste.

Dead Fish Pics Rule

We do respect legitimate harvest of fish and do so ourselves. We are very high on selective harvest for wise stewardship of our lakes, rivers and streams.

The responsible thing to do on a heavily traveled site like this is to heavily promote Catch, Photo and Release and especially selective harvest which has a CPR theme running through it, with photos in these forums.

Besides encouraging Selective Harvest we also encourage cameras in the boat for better looking photos to be taken. This provides one less reason to keep a fish, the photo proves you caught it and it sure looks a LOT better here and in your photo album.

We're looking for fish pictures in good taste that encourage selective harvest principles so the dead fish rule is as follows: Fish pictures must be in the natural environment where the fish is caught that do not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or look like they were just poured out of a bucket and no stringer or fish in a bucket pics. Fish Mount and live release tournament pictures are ok as well. All other dead fish pictures are not allowed.

Please click the Register link and read the policy before posting.

Thank you very much for your understanding and help in promoting selective harvest and better photos.

Hey Surface Tension,

Honestly, It was my mistake. I totally spaced that one. No one was around to take my picture with the fish, so I improvised. We are all cool.

Can't wait to get out there again!

Justin

Justin, I hear ya, its tough to take a picture when your by yourself. I know a photo guy that I like to have around just in case I catch something, he lives in your area now. I don't mind sharing him as long as you remember he was mine before you. grin.gif

You guys. The only time I charge a fishing buddy a fee for taking a pic of a fish is when I have to use photoshop to turn a guppy into a trophy. Frank knows. That so-called 29-lb laker he's got on the wall at home is really a graphite replica of a photo of a 4-lber that I doctored in photoshop to look like a PIG. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh man!!!

Now you guys have spilled the beans and Great Outdoors will have his mug in the Angler even more now!!! Geez, it was bad enough when he was holding up his mailbox saying it was an 8 l.b. Walleye he caught on Burntide! He really gave himself away though, when he left the flag up! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Justin

Great Outdoors + chubs + photoshop = trophy photos in Angler.

Why do you think Jimbo opened a bait store in the first place? With a face like that, a guy's gotta be holding a REALLY BIG fish to get in the paper. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

You guys. The only time I charge a fishing buddy a fee for taking a pic of a fish is when I have to use photoshop to turn a guppy into a trophy. Frank knows. That so-called 29-lb laker he's got on the wall at home is really a graphite replica of a photo of a 4-lber that I doctored in photoshop to look like a PIG.
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

If I would have only known that when we were fishing on Trout Lake, maybe I could have been on the front page of the TJ grin.gif

Now, Casey, you weren't on the front page, but I was pretty sure you made it into the outdoors pages. grin.gif

Stevo,

That may be the case with a mug like mine, cool.gif but at least I don't have to put a camo bag over my head and stick an 80lb camera in front of my face to try and hide it, like some photogs do!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

JustinG,

That mailbox, I mean fish, weighed at least 13 lbs. smirk.gif

That flag you saw wasn't a mailbox flag indicating mail, it was a flag of surrender, since defeat is inevitable once I latch onto any massive walleye laugh.gif

Quote:

Stevo,

That may be the case with a mug like mine,
cool.gif
but at least I don't have to put a camo bag over my head and stick an 80lb camera in front of my face to try and hide it, like some photogs do!!
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh, man I knew there was going to some good humor here!!!

Justin

Hey Jim,

How have the fish been biting this week? Has anyone been out in this bad weather?

Been thinking about getting out after work, but I don't have alot of time now that I don't get home until 4:30. It might be just enought time for 2 good hours of fishing though!

Later,

Justin

The boats filling fast with crapola, time to start slinging it back. grin.gif

It was a good thing I reminded you to remove the lens cover. The only photoshopping you had to do was remove your thumb from the picture.

Sheesh, sometimes I don't know how you get along without me. grin.gif