• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I would like to get out one more time, It has been since August, so sad. My nephews are coming home next weekend, the 13th. What are some good tactics for the bass/northerns this time of year? Is the afternoon better, sun=heat. I rarely have ever got out passed September, but we want to give it a go. Any tips for whats working now or what should be? I also target smaller lakes if that helps.

We pike and bass fished last weekend and they were very active...Lots of fish taken shallow on spinnerbaits and topwaters...Water temps were either side of 60 degrees and with these temps they shouldn't be dropping a whole lot...Seemed to be the cabbage that was still semi standing held most of the fish...Also quite a few fish in the reeds..

Slow rolling larger spinner baits along the weed line, rattle traps off the points and on a sunny day dragging cranks in water 5-8 feet. Water temp around Duluth was still in the 60's but with a week of rain that might change. Lake levels have risen over the past few weeks as much as a foot on some of the smaller lakes that I fish. This opens areas up that you might not have fished since early spring. Bigger fish are moving into the shallows and the Northerns are getting active. Had two over 8 this last week just off the first weed line. No one on the water as a lot of guys are now hunting or watching football. Good luck but you can't catch anything if you dont go fishin..Weeds are dieing off and time to look for the last of the green. No doubt when you get a strike as they have been hitting hard when they do.

Largemouths are in the last green cabbage beds. Flutter single blade spinnerbaits and 1/4-3/8 oz jig/pig. water will be 7-10 feet.

Smallmouths are going wild on Ottertail River. Anywhere you can get near the river you can catch 10-15 fish an hour. Up to 4 pounds. Also will catch the occassional channel cat (up to 7 pounds) and a few walleyes (the closer you get to a dam).

Awesome reports guys, thanks a bunch, that will get my courage up to give it one more swing!! Looks like roosters in the morn then bass in the sun wink.gifgrin.gif