• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it UH OH Time, Geno?

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Geno,

If I have it pegged right, you are sitting there this morning with a raging hang over from the Jack Daniels but your stomach is in good shape from the Pepto chasers. It looks like Wiggly Field could be in for a cleaning as the D-Backs sweep into town!

I think Sweet Lou has managed a great series so far. He has the D-Backs right where he wants them and by pulling Big Z early he has him rested and ready to go on 3 days rest for game 4 but here is the beauty of it, he also pulled Lilly after only 79 pitches so he should be able to go on 3 days rest for the big game 5 when the Cubbies clinch the series on Sunday!!! Lou has my vote for manager of the year for the way he has led the D-Backs to think they have control of this series. Little do the unwitting boys from the west know but Lou has them right where he wants them.

One question, how has he gotten the high powered Cubbie offense to lay down so convincinigly? I mean having the top 5 batters go 1 for 22 in game one, having Aramis Ramierez strike out 7 times in two games, like the two guys say on the Guiness Stout commercial.....BRILLIANT!!!

PS: Do you know what time the city has scheduled the Victory Parade for the Cubbies????

Oh yeah, I forgot, they already had their celebration because they knew they would be ONE AND DONE!!!

LMAO

Windy

I know, I know...the fat lady is humming.

Some decisions don't always work out - ask Torre, or better yet ask your SSide guys Williams and Ozzie if they woulda made diff decisions to avoid becoming 2nd div tenants.

You can gloat all you want Windy but it will be the NL Central flag you will be displaying when we bet the avatar bet next year.

PS I hear Yogi in the background of that humming ("it ain't over........")

PPS I wish I hadn't stayed up to watch Lee and Ramirez flail in the 9th at that heater the guy was throwing. He looked like Jenks out there 'cept he made the save.

Yeah,

You know I had to give you a little of the ole Eddie Haskell, right Geno? Just givin you a little of the business. I would love to talk but I have to run, I am meeting a semi-truck from Ace Hardware who is heading for Wiggly Field with a load of O Cedars from Arizona, for tomorrows game. LOL

Windy

I know you are looking for it to be just like setting the hook on a long-casted slip bobber - sweeeeeeeeep!

Fishy Fishy in the brook,

Come and bite my little hook.

Fishy Fishy in the lake,

Please don't be a water snake!

Hey Geno,

Be sure to wrap yourself tightly in that Central Division Flag, maybe you can use the other few that the Cubbies have won to ward off the cold bitter winds of defeat that continue to blow into Wiggly Field....99 years and counting

Tick Tick Tick

I will have my shiny 05 Championship Ring to keep me warm with it's glow!

Tee Hee

Windy

That '05 ring still has a glow. I didn't know they were eternal flames.

I got to admit you are getting more mileage out of that ring than any one hit wonder band got of their song.

That's like me still basking in the glow of the last BHawk Kup. Where do you draw the line? That ring is so old and tarnished that a bottle of the goo from QVC couldn't even put a glow on it. Better find a good tarnish remover if you need that ring to keep you warm because it's gonna be quite awhile before you see another.

Plus, you are lucky CNYTim is nice enough not to remind you about '06 anymore - and soon the '07 winner will make the '05 ring a distant memory. And don't even get me started on how many champs the Cubs have in their history compared to the WSox....but please go ahead and keep giving me the Eddie Haskell all in good fun - I probably only gotta take it for one more day.

PS Who knows which team has that whole "most ex-Cubs on their team" thing which we all know plays a major role on the outcome of the playoffs, right?

Yup,

You are correct Geno, one more day and another miserable showing by the Cubbies should do it!

Windy

Fishy,

Tainted Love

Come On Eileen

Mickey

Puttin on The Ritz

96 Tears

They are all good man, got to love those one hit wonders. Not sure when the replacement ring will roll around so I am going to milk my 05 version like a Holstein man! LOL

Windy

I don't blame you a bit. We are still milking the '87 and '91 rings but then again we got two so we don't have to where one out. grin.gif

Geno - I am sorry bout the Cubs frown.gif At leats they went down quick like my 04 Cards did against the Red Sox in the WS, sometimes it's better that way.. Cheer up pal there's always next year smile.gif

OH Fishy,

Now you are going to make me reply by stating that we have three and then you are going to reply that they were from years before television was invented and then I will have to reply that a championship is a championship, just ask the Yankees that are sitting on twenty something championships and then you will reply that our championships were won before your team was even created and then.....IT WILL BE SPRING TRAINING AGAIN AND WE CAN START FIGHTING ALL OVER AGAIN !

Windy

Geno,

Lou is outstanding. Not only does he have Big Z fresh as a daisy to pitch today, Lilly looking good for Tuesday, now he has Rich Hill ready to go in game 6 since he only tossed up 75 pitches yesterday and then Big Z can come in and seal the deal in game 7. Also, by having the Cubs bats lay down like they have in the first three games we should be in for an offensive explosion as the $300 Million worth of high powered bats Jim Hendry bought last year come to life and carry the Cubs to the first ever comeback from 0-3 to roar into the Championship!!!

And then Goldy Locks said this bed is too big, this bed is too small but this bed is just right and she fell fast asleep.....JUST LIKE THE LITTLE BEARS (CUBS) DID IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Nighty Night, sleep tight Geno, don't let the Windy Bugs bite.

LOL

Windy

Windy,

Please let some of your WSox players give up their tee times now.