• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lamont jordan vs. brandon jacobs?

bgreen82

hey guys, i have the chance to get rid of l. jordan for jacobs, what do you think. i keep thinking jordan will slow down after this injury and with fargas and now rhodes playing a more prominent role, and it looks like jacobs will be back near %100 this weekend. whatcha think?

Jacobs has more up side then Jordan. NY has been committed to the run even with Jacobs out so I assume he will get good carries.

Hopefully this is your #2 RB though.

Derrick Ward has shown that he is more like Tiki last year than Jacobs. So the NYG will now be a RBBC team and granted Jacobs should get goalline (unless Droughns takes them) But honestly I say ride the Jordan Wave.......or try and get more for him....yeah try getting more for him.

Quote:

Derrick Ward has shown that he is more like Tiki last year than Jacobs. So the NYG will now be a RBBC team and granted Jacobs should get goalline (unless Droughns takes them) But honestly I say ride the Jordan Wave.......or try and get more for him....yeah try getting more for him.

I agree. NYG will be RBBC. I'd keep Jordan through the injury.

I have Lamont and D. Ward (and Ronnie Brown and Tomlinson). I'm not letting ANY of them go until I have a firm grip on who my front-runners are. If I had to guess, Ward won't see as much action near the goal-line as Jacobs and Droughns, so his value will be heading south sooner than later. Lamont is worth holding onto as well (IMO) and hopefully the coaches see he's earned his spot (424 yds rushing and 2 TD's) to keep Fargas and Rhodes as backups.

i hope you are right cause my team needs both these rbs...lamont/cadi/jacobs were my 3 to start then I picked up Ward and also had Pittman on the bench....this weeks starters for my squad Jacobs and Pittman.....Can you say BRUTAL!!

Quote:

Hopefully this is your #2 RB though.

actually its my 3rd. i also have fast willie parker and edge. plus ron dayne so hopefully ahman wont be going full speed this weekend. i did pull the trigger for jacobs though. im keeping my fingers crossed.

Jacobs will be a stud, he had 20 carries last week. And the only reason ward had his TD was because a defender ripped jacobs helmet off and broke his chin-strap. Thats why they inserted Ward near the goalline. Plus Jacobs had a 10+ yard TD run negated by a holding call at the end of the game. By "what ifs and could have beens" he should have had over 110 yards and 3 TDs last week. If you watched the game.

looks like he got hurt..... again, which yeilded another Ward TD. the guy can run, but can he stay healthy is the ??? Maybe he isn't fit for the bruiser back role.

Jacobs will be a stud by years end. I have him on my fantasty team which has a pretty high entry fee. I drafted Jacobs in the second round, he would have been a stud now if he didn't get hurt in week 1. That sorta messed everything up and now they know what Ward can do.