• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

TMF89

Hey guys, I might be going to college up there in 09, and although the college does rent ice houses and augers, does anyone know where I can get a boat? I have a canoe, is there any public points to store them, and is Lake Bemidji worth fishing in a canoe? Any small bays and such? Otherwise, is there any marina that rents out boats? Thanks for your help guys.

Bobb-o

There are so many lakes in the bemidji area that you wont even need to worry aboot going onto Bemidji to fish. Lake Irving is connected to it and you can have just as good of fishing on that lake with your canoe. Canoe fishing all depends on the weather. I have taken my 17 footer out 2 miles onto Red Lake and didnt have any problems. BTW try not to rely to much on the rental fish houses and augers the school has they only have hand augers and one small fish house even with persistent urging from the student body. your best bet, would be to find some friends who will have some of the equip already (which is very easy to do at Bemidji)

TMF89

Well I have an auger and ice house, as well as a canoe and 30lb thrust trolling motor. The only problem being storage. I can't keep it all in my car/dorm, so what do I do with it?

beef

Sounds like you may need to rent a townhouse or a regular house while your up here at college... I stayed in the Dorms at BSU my first year-and I don't regret a minute of it-but when I rented a house in town it was roughly the same price and A LOT more room too... We keep 3 portable fish houses and all the ice fishing accesories in the living room.. It was fun to see after a night or day of fishing, all the portables set up and drying out in the living room...

Beef

Eckie

Not sure what the monthly cost might be, but I know there are a few storage places in town, and they have small units for rent (some 4ft by 8ft possibly?). One is located on Irvine Ave, just north of town (and is close to the university) Beef or one of the Bemidji guys might know the name of it. Just an option...

Good luck!

beef

Paul Bunyan Mini Storage

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Reid Saarela
      Toddrun, You are correct. It seems as if it’s still larvea down there in big bay. Have seen very few , if any mayflies in the air. 
    • toddrun
      Nice fish Reid, We saw lots of clouds coming out of the mud also, but didn't know what was hatching.  Did see lots of dragonfly's, but not much for fishflies or mayflies in the air.  We didn't have any big fish luck for found keeper fish in the first rock edges around the mud. A guy in our resort claimed he caught a 32" Walleye, but we didn't see any pic's, so not verified, although had several witnesses that confirmed it.  Would have been nice to see it though.
    • Horseshoe_Don
      Bass is my favorite fish to eat.    I always keep them.   If anyone told me not to I would tell them to go to [email protected]#$.    I always eat everything I catch. Catch and release is a choice not a law.   As long as people eat what they catch I have no problem with what ever they catch.   Those who waste fish I have a problem with or those who catch and release too much and end up killing fish I even have a bigger problem with.   Don
    • Wanderer
      The OP specifically requested advice on how to best address what he personally considers an issue; respectfully. And yes, I do agree, and therefore respect his request enough to answer it; respectfully. I’ve personally dealt with the same conflict of interest in the past and feel that I understand the emotions on both sides enough to offer qualified advice that is more practical and useful than just saying mind your own darn business.  
    • DLD24
      Hit BSL on Friday to tryand find those slabs again... They were right in the same area as the last time I was out, but could not get one to bite to save my life... They were taunting me jumping all around me... I got some walleyes, nothing over 14" though... The bugs were horrible on the north side, so bad they drove me to the south side haha.
    • kfk
      If someone is legal keeping 15"+ bass, it's none of your business whether they keep 15"+ fish or not. Just walk away and leave it alone.  If you want to change the regulations, try doing it in the proper manner instead of a confrontation at the boat ramp.  I don't know how others would react, but if you approached me, it certainly wouldn't be positive experience.
    • Mike89
      so what do have against harpooners?????  the Indians did it before us????????????   
    • Reid Saarela
      28.5, but the fattest walleye we’ve seen. My dad and I both agreed it was a bigger fish than my 30 last summer. Wish we would have weighed it but I would rather have the fish swim off healthy! 
    • delcecchi
      I don't confront people on the water about what they do.  Expressing an opinion in general is fine.  Getting up in people's face is different, as I hope you agree.
    • IceHawk
      That's awesome Don. Very creative and looks like fun.