• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings Trade Possibility

fishyguy

From CBS Sportsline

Tribune reported that there were early talks between the Vikings and Buccaneers that would send RB Chester Taylor and OT Bryant McKinnie to Tampa Bay in exchange for either a player or two and/or a package of draft picks. But the St. Paul Pioneer Press says that the Bucs are after Mewelde Moore but won't pay the Vikings' asking price of a first-day pick. Moore is scheduled to be a free agent after the season and is expected to test the marketplace. Even earlier Tuesday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Vikings coach Brad Childress is planning on splitting the reps between Taylor and rookie Adrian Peterson, but with the Bucs hobbling at running back and left tackle, and in first place in the NFC South, those plans might change.

Do it, we are in rebuilding mode. Trade the two and make sure a 1st round draft pick is somehow in the equation.

I would pull the trigger if a 1st round draft pick is in the equation. Maybe AP will see the field more in the second half of a game confused.gif

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing McKinnie leave. Taylor, on the other hand, should stay. With Moore most likely leaving after this year, that would leave AP all by himself and I firmly believe a team needs two solid backs.

Send Moore along with McKinnie, instead of Taylor.

I agree they need two solid backs, but you have to utilize the two backs better than childress did last sunday!

Quote:

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing McKinnie leave. Taylor, on the other hand, should stay. With Moore most likely leaving after this year, that would leave AP all by himself and I firmly believe a team needs two solid backs.

Send Moore along with McKinnie, instead of Taylor.

What he said! And lets get a first round pick for them. grin.gif

Vikes trade there left tackle? Makes no sense. Who would you plug in there? Might not be having a banner year but still as good as anyone out there. Moore is more valuable as a backup to Taylor and Peterson. The idea of a trade is to better youself not the other team. If the Vikes could get a first rounder for Moore (who was a 4th himself) that would be a good deal, for MN

Quote:

Vikes trade there left tackle? Makes no sense. Who would you plug in there?

Artis Hicks. McKinnie is waaaay overpaid and overrated.

I don't think they will get first day draft picks, and they shouldn't if they aren't offered. I doubt any trade will go through. Mid-season trades are really rare in the NFL.

Quote:

Vikes trade there left tackle? Makes no sense. Who would you plug in there? Might not be having a banner year but still as good as anyone out there.

I'm just not a McKinnie fan. You're right, he's as good as most anyone else out there. So if he goes with Moore, we replace him with most anyone else out there and not lose anything.

IMO, this discussion is unnecessary. The Bucs aren't gonna give the Vikes the 1st round pick they want for Moore anyway, and in the end the Vikes won't get a darn thing for him.

I'd even settle for a second, or maybe even third round pick, if they just deal Moore.

The Vikes aren't asking for a 1st round for Moore but a 1st dap pick (Rounds 1-3) for Moore, which Tampa isn't willing to give up at this point. I don't think any trade involving Moore will include a 1st rounder unless we throw in McKinney and maybe a 3rd round pick.

Trades of players for picks in the NFL never seem to get fair value. There have been some deals in the past and it is suprising for a really good player you can usually only get a 2nd or 3rd for him. Sorry I don't have time to search and get the info. But maybe someone with a better memory or more time than me can give further details. One would be DC to the phins for a 2nd rounder. That guy was a top 3 qb until he got hurt.

The Vikes for Moore will probably get a 4th or 5th rounder. TB only wants to give up a 6th for him. If their current RB's don't do much this week, then they might be willing to give more for him.

I say trade Moore and McKinnie, but you need to get a player and a 1st or 2nd round pick. Or maybe more. McKinnie might need a change of scenery or a new offensive system. He sure hasn't done well the last 2 years here,but in the 2 years before that was doing real well. So, maybe it is coaching? I think if they can dump his WAY overpaid contract they should do it.

Keep Taylor, UNLESS they are giving you the farm for him and McKinnie.

McKinnie is overpaid, he's great at blocking the run and outside schemes (where the run is inside), he is terrible with an outside pass rush. How many times do we need to see a fast D-end just blow past him on the ouside for a sack in a passing situation.

In this case, the vikings don't need to get rid of anybody. They hold the cards, not Tampa. By trading the two this early in the season they will basically be saying that this is ANOTHER rebuilding year and that we shouldn't expect much.

Except, their advertising campaign told us to get our superbowl tickets. Thats all right, I'd love to see Dallas and New England go at it.

Quote:

By trading the two this early in the season they will basically be saying that this is ANOTHER rebuilding year and that we shouldn't expect much.

Unfortunately, I think their play has already told us that.

The Bucs traded for Michael Bennett for 08 and 09 undisclosed draft picks. Looks like all the Vikings RBs will be staying put.