• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gkl

Rum River Water Temp?

gkl

Anybody have a recent water temp from the Rum around Anoka? Any reports? Thanks!

Daze Off

Hoping to get out there Weds afternoon - will post results and info.

Daze Off

Daze Off

Actually did get out on the river yesterday afternoon - water temps 59-63 degrees. NBD - nothing but dinks. Caught on senkos and cranks.

Talked to another fisherman who reported similar results - all 10-14" fish.

Not sure water has cooled enough to get the bigguns to strap on the feedbag yet - at least for me.

Daze Off

gkl

thanks. I'll get out on Saturday. I think you're right about the temps being a little too high. Historically, I have found the peak around the third week of October.

Daze Off

From what I am hearing we may not get them before they drop the river this year - heard they are pulling the boards and lowering it in two weeks or so.

Daze Off

gkl

that's not good. why so early? Given the weather, 2-3 weeks from now could be the peak. Does calling anyone do any good?

Daze Off

I don't think so - let me give the guy a call and see what he tells me. Not sure there is anyone to appeal to but will see what I can find out.

Daze Off

EBass

The CR dam is lowering around 10/22. Maybe they are on the same page? Seems early to me, but I guess they need to work on the CR dam again. They work on that every year. confused.gif

Daze Off

EB -

Not to worry (too much anyway) - I talked to my source with the city of Anoka and he says that they are scheduled to pull the boards shortly after Halloween this year. He says the Rum does not impact the Sippi enough to make a difference so they are not lowering it to coincide with the Coon Rapids dam pool lowering. He did say that that has already begun slowly so as to avoid a sudden surge of water near the bridge collapse site.

Looks like we have about 3 more weeks to enjoy the Rum!

Maybe one of these times we'll run into one another....

Daze Off

gkl

thanks for the info. that's good news. I drive a dark blue G3 with a 150 yamaha. stop and say hi. I'll be out Friday and probably some either Sat or Sun.

Daze Off

Will do - if I get out there I have a very dirty black Lund Explorer with a Merc 75. Kind of thinking of hitting a certain Wright County lake where we banged 8 LM's between 4-5.5 lbs last weekend. It was very fun!

Not sure where the wind will blow me this w/e.....so many places so little time.

Daze Off

Daze Off

gkl -

were you below the 10 bridge on Saturday afternoon? Didn't satch the motor size but someone with a G3 was down there about 3:30 or so - should've asked but I neve rknow how to start that conversation....

Anyway - water temps in low 50's now, bite stunk (for me anyway) - caught a couple of dinks that I shook off and got bit off by what I presume were snot rockets a couple of times. One seemed to have some size to it before the line broke. Only had about two hours to fish though.

LOTS of boats - counted 7 between Hwy 10 bridge and fairgrounds landing. Did not see any of them catching fish though.

Going to try again as weather permits.

Daze Off

gkl

yep that was me. Friday was slow, took my brother and he caught a 16,18 and 19. The water temp was about 49 which was about 15 degrees below where it was just a week ago. I think the fish were just a little shocked. Saturday was better. By the afternoon the water temp was back up to 52-53. I managed 4 18s and 3 19s and 5 or so between 14 and 16. They were very tightly grouped and very specific about what they wanted. I watched a guy pound my favorite spot for 15 minutes without a fish and, when he moved off it, I caught 6 of the 7 big ones within 20 minutes. I'm sure the reverse has happened to me many times. I just happened to be doing the right thing at the right time. Not my best day ever on the Rum but certainly nothing to complain about. I love the Rum in October!

Daze Off

Nicely done! I managed nothing with my traditional presentations but have not given up hope....

Daze Off

HeIsLegend

I launched the boat off at the anoka ramp last thurs. Boy those little turds are very picky. Managed to get a dozen dinky smallies on senkos. I was thinking tubes and x raps would do the trick but I was completely wrong.

gkl

they have been picky. Went out today for a couple of hours between rain showers and had very little luck.