• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carlos Avery

Grant Pearson

Anyone hunting Carlos Avery this opener. I'm thinking about heading out, trying not to get shot, and hopeing to bag. Anyone else going up there this opener?

no, for deer huntinhg. Iwent out to western MN for duck opener.

went there for bow opener? shot a buck FAWN which i didnt couldnt tell it was a buck 40 yard shot. i did see a couple more deer one that was 10 yards away but never presented a broadside shot

yeah, I've decided that I'll be out there opener in one of probaby two or three spots. Just trying to see if anyone on here was going to be out there for opener

the best times are during the week business hours almost no people out there. maybe ill see you around but if we dont its a good thing i guess....he he

yeah, I hear ya. I'll be taking a first time deer hunter out with me, so I'll be hitting some secret spots as well as some producers. If we run into each other, we do, if not, that's cool too. It's 23,000 acres, so who knows.

im thinking of actually hitting it tommorrow with my bow see if might get lucky ...again. maybe one day ill get a buck if not ill drive up to rum river or whitewater

the second secret spot u showed me is being used by few bowhunter... oh and some duck hunter too.

Quote:

the second secret spot u showed me is being used by few bowhunter... oh and some duck hunter too.

I was up there this morning with Sandmannd and we saw a guy with his family by the first spot of water in the spot your talking about, but no one beyond the down tree. It was nice to get away from the crowds, sky blasting and get some peace. We only saw one diver, but let it see another day. It was nice to get out and be away from the crowds. Which is what this sport is about.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we got 7 days to opener!! This is my first deer hunt ever and kingfisher is taking me to Carlos. Anyone else on here hitting carlos for opener?

i might hit it with my bow just before the start of the

season maybe mr big will come around or another doe for the freezer maybe ill wait until monday and then hit it again during working hours

you know im actually thinking of just going to carlos avery but i wonder how bad it gets there i have a few spots picked out for bow hunting but i wonder how it would be for opener during firearms?

Anyone hear about the fire up there tonight? Glad it's not where we were planning on heading. Hopefully they contain and I'm hoping it pushes some deer our way. Hate to see forest burn.