• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just as important as cool nights is cool day time temperatures. That hasn't happened hardly at all for a few weeks now. The bite will be sporadic (i.e. some solid reports and others not-so-solid) until Halloween. Some of the best river fishing is during and after deer season. With that in mind, I haven't heard anything "big-time" going on.

I'm heading to the Blue Earth tomarrow. With this wind, I think I'll try my waders.

I'll let you know how do. I hope I can remember how to put live bait on a hook.

Well I made it out before the mid morning rain. Biggest fish was a 19.5 eye.

[image]130.jpg[/image]

Tom M, pick off this Eye, on a 1/4oz jig tiped with a fat head. He thought for sure it was a Catfish, cuz Walleye just don't fight that hard. grin.gif

Those river 'eyes always seem to have a brighter white tip than those from a lake. Great photo.

I was out last weekend casting, with alot of hits but couldnt get many to comit. I plan on going out a few times this week in between rain, I will post how I do.

I went out yesterday evening for a couple hours. I tossed a Mr Twister backed with a chunk of crawler. On my 3rd cast got one. Then never landed anything after that, just a couple strikes. So I packed er up and got out before dark. I seen a few deer on the river bank, not to far from me, that was cool to watch. I will try again tonight if its not raining. I think the water temps need to drop about 10 degrees or more for the hot bite.

With all this talk about the pic, I thought maybe I'll add something.

If you look over his left shoulder you can see shallow fast moving water that is being deflected around the bend in the river and over to the far bank. Near his right elbow you can see an eddy, slow moving water that is heading up stream. Near his right elbow is where this Walleye took his bait.

Where approximately do you guys fish the river...I won't be taking anyones spot im just curious.

The MN, Blue Earth and Le Sueur rivers are all great systems. Some of the better areas to target are bends in the river with ample presence of current seams and/or eddies. Other great locations to look for are feeder creeks or streams that have "fresh" water flowing into the main river. Baitfish will congregate in these types of areas and so will the 'eyes.