• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buoys, water temp, and info

Anyone know when the buoy's are scheduled to start coming out? Thinking about a run next week, and don't want to have my boat posted on the site for landing on a rock! I know one of the guys that is coming has a camera, and that's not a photo I want to be in! shocked.gif

Also wondering what the water temp is down to, and if the lake has started to turn & churn the green stuff again? Thanks for your help.

FROM VNP....

Beginning October 1, 2007 hazard markers and regulatory buoys maintained by Voyageurs National Park will be removed as weather conditions allow. In addition, area lamplighters will begin removing U. S. Coast Guard maintained navigational aids on October 14. Due to low water conditions, boaters are advised to take added precautions while operating on park lakes after these dates.

Can't help w/ the water temps....sorry.

LIS

Yikes, sounds like they are going to work on them tomorrow! Let's all pray that the rocks stay on the bottom and don't start to grow.

Thanks.

Hey, Let It Snow, I know the article states the water is low, but when I was at the lake today, the lake is high, quite high as a matter of fact, don't ya think?

I agree witht the water level being up Guts, but who are we to argue with the NPS? wink.gif

What's your thoughts on the water temp?

LIS

I was out on saturday and water temp was still 55 degrees. We got a few fish in 22-27 ft. Jig and a minnow was more productive than my silver spinner. Weather is going to play more and more of a role as we get deeper into fall. We fish pretty light stuff and one guy had something hit that pounded his pole three times real good and then cut the fireline. He was bummed! I may go looking for that bigboy next weekend if weather permits!

ODL

Water temps said to be around low 50's, I spoke to one of the members of the buoy removal team, and he stated they would not start till next week on the rock markers.

He said they would start on the far end, Crane & Sandpoint and work there way back to Kab and finish up on Kab.

They estimate 3 working days to get them removed.

Bad weather ie; high winds could delay the removal. guts

We are here on the lake now. Temps are 56-58 depending on your location. Markers all appear to be in place. Water seems higher than last year. Someone must be using rusty hooks... fish seem to have a case of lock-jaw!!! Very tough last 3 days.