• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

early muzzleloader and scopes?

brassman

Would you guys support having an early muzzleloader season, and allow scopes on muzzleloaders? I think it is time for Minnesota to come into the 21st century and have maybe just an early antlerless ml season. just a thought I guess, what do you guys think? confused.gif

Absolutely not and maybe for personal reason's. I like the undisturbed pre-rut bowhunting time too much to support something that may entice more people into the woods to push things around.

Second of all, and this has been picked over to death already, but I don't support the use of scopes on muzzleloaders. The fact of the matter is that if you don't feel comfortable taking a shot at an animal you probably shouldn't. I can fling an arrow 100yds but wouldn't think of taking a shot at an animal at that distance.

I'd much rather prefer a late doe season. After normal firearms seasons. Maybe DNR would be able to allow/limit extra tags in areas by how hunters did during the regular firearms season.

Scopes on ML would improve my chances at a quick kill. No problem with allowing scopes on MLs here. It is fun without one, though.