• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CC Hurl

Primos Blood Hunter spot light

CC Hurl

Just wondering if anyone here has used one of these to aid in tracking game.

My wife bought me one for my B-day yesterday and was wondering if they are good for tracking or not.

I have allways used my trusted Colman lantern. Blood shows up good with that as well, but hey if the Primo's is a better advantage i will keep it.

No the wife will not get upset if we have to return the gift.

Just have to get something else. smile.gif

Dahitman44

I was wondering the same thing. Do they work?

Studer

Not sure but happy birthday!!!

delmuts

since it is so new; we may have to depend on you to hear if it works! grin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

sparcebag

Ahhh another CSI tool! Just saw it in cabelas wondered also. crazy.gif

matthothand

I'm colorblind and if these new lights make blood more visible I am going to find one. So, has anybody used one? Do they work?

vister

would like to know also, of the gerber tracker and the new primos. gerber goes for 40 and the primos for 60, but tough to be the old school kerosene lantern for tracking blood. would like to know otherwise.

BeerHunter

I AM COLOR BLIND ALSO, I PURCHASED THE GERBER BLOOD LIGHT LAST YEAR TO HELP ME TRACK IN THE DARK,

IT DOES HELP A LITTLE, BUT YOU HAVE TO GET PRETTY CLOSE TO THE GROUND TO MAKE THE LIGHT WORK WELL, FOR ME ATLEAST.

I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS HOW TO TRAIL BLOOD DESPITE MY COLOR BLINDNESS, IT MAY TAKE ME A LITTLE LONGER BUT I CAN GET IT DONE,

THE LIGHT HELPS SO IT IS WORTH IT,, I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRIMOS ONE BECAUSE IT IS A BIGGER LIGHT SO I DONT KNOW IF THE BLOOD SHOWS UP BETTER.

scotty18

I've been using a coleman lantern for years. The thing I've wondered about is floresent or even black light. You can get those battery operated lanterns with floresent tubes.

Scotty

Royce Aardahl

I have a sure fire that uses 2, 3 volt lithium batteries. it's about 5 inches long and SUPER BRIGHT. Blood really pops out even tiny specs. Don't know if it would help if colorblind though. batteries last about and hour so I carry extras and I only use this light for tracking.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mrpike1973
      Nice Crappie!
    • Rick G
      Eyeguy and I made it out one last time yesterday. Access points are getting pretty bad in our area. Was finding roughly 2ft of  very chunky ice in the places we drilled holes. With the warm weather and bright sunahine we had, I'm guessing we lost a few inches through the day Fishing wasn't exactly fast and furious, we did get our fish... but really had to work for the quality.  The area we ended up finding our fish was a shallow 6-10ft dark bottom flat, close to where they will move come ice out.   It soon became apparent the fish we were targeting were almost swiming with their back right against the bottom of the ice, infact my two best crappies hit while my bait was only inches below my hole.  Baits we found better success with were the Northland slugbug and The Impulse Mayflies in bright colors. Jig size didn't seem to matter much due to the depth we were fishing. As I am typing this, my thoughts are already turning toward warmer days spent chasing smallies on the river. The boat and yak are soon to be ready, rods will be strung and so on. It was one heck of a long winter.... fished with some real good people from this site I had more good days than bad, got some monster fish locally... for these things I'm truly blesaed.... like I said,It's been a long winter....I'm glad it's over Pic is of my last big ice crappie for the season  
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I will certainly keep you informed about the progress of the hatchery. I expect to see the nets and traps go in within the next two to three days. The run should be very strong as the fish are already moving into Pike Bay strongly. Cliff
    • Bigfatbert
      Thanks Cliff for your Pike River deteriorating ice reports and pics . I. Really want to show my wife the hatchery when the action is really happening this year , I would assume you will be right on that when this happens , is there any way that you can give a shout out on here as to just when this scenario is happening up there . With the warmer temps being quite steady now , I would think the run will be rather strong this year when things get going ..  
    • biff
    • CigarGuy
      I got the 4 smaller ones the other day. They are a little over 2" long and paid only $6.64 total to my door.  The quality seem pretty good, we shall see once I put them to some use! 
    • Bryan P
      Thanks Leech! Ya you need a life jacket in a kayak. I have mine behind my seat, but Yes I should be wearing it. 
    • leech~~
      Nice video! Life jackets not needed in Yak's?  Just asking.
    • Fish Head
      Cigar guy, you got a good deal. They look like size 7 which is what I use the most for summer walleyes. Fleet Farm had all Rapalas 25% off last week so I stocked up.  I've used them a lot in the last 2-3 years.  If you fish them on rocks... you will lose some.  I try not to use them over the real bad snaggy stuff but sometimes I still do and usually end up losing one.  It takes a little practice, but they work well when you get it down.  
    • Fish Head