• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hands up for Benelli shooters!

orangestew

I just got a Nova last year, though I still like my browning BPS.

My dad has been shooting a super black eagle for years.

I had an Rem. 11-87 and that blew up in my hands. A weld broke and cut my hand. I now have a Nova and a M1, and wouldn't trade either of them for anything except a SBEII. I love them both.

I love my Montefeltro. Light as a feather and came with I think 5 chokes. Nice step up from my 870 express.

mr

I've shot an SBE since 1996. Use it for ducks, pheas, geese, turkeys and even grouse. Thousands of rounds through it. The ejector piece known for trouble finally gave out last year (a design flaw since corrected in newer models) but for $50 I was back in business.

The early models seemed like they had big fans and big detractors, but I never hear anything bad now. Except on the price! Not sure if I could justify that money now even thought I shoot 300-400 or so rounds per year.

I've had the occasional jam using 1 ounce loads for trap, but mostly because I customized with a stainless butt spring. 1 1/4 ounce and even 1 1/8 work fine.

I still love mine. Even though it has extra "checkering' from a lab puppy!!

I've been shooting an M1 Super 90 for the since the beginning of last fall. I don't see myself buying another brand of shotgun from now on, but I might be selling my walnut or trading it in on a camo model.

M1 Super 90 for 10+ years, Super Sport for 2 years and M2 for 6 months. BENELLI, WHAT A GUN. Passed my Nova on to my Nephew two years ago and he just loves it. grin.gifgrin.gif

I had an M1 for a few years, thought I had a good gun until I got an SBE. It shoots where I look. Plus no gas fowling crap like a lot of other auto's. I'll never buy another gas operated auto.

SBE II NIB waiting to be shot for the first time. Birthday present from wifey so will gladly trade my 870's for quality jewelery.

Bought my M1 in 1996. Since then I have put thousands upon thousands of rounds through it and have yet to be dissapointed. However, I will say that my 870 Wingmaster is every bit as dependable. In fact, in the past few years I have been thinking about switching back to the 870, especially in extreme cold conditions.

I hate the Nova. Yes, they do work well, but they are the noisiest guns ever. My buddy hunts with a Nova and you can always hear him coming wink.gif. "Clink, clank, clink, clank..."

I have had a M1 ever since Jesse gave back the rebate whatever year that was. Love this gun. Have shot everything from doves to turkeys with it.

Quote:

I hate the Nova. Yes, they do work well, but they are the noisiest guns ever. My buddy hunts with a Nova and you can always hear him coming
wink.gif
. "Clink, clank, clink, clank..."

Those are some heavy, noisy, rickety-feeling guns no doubt. I'm sure they work fine but...

I have 2 870's that I love, a Browning Citori that is so good it feels like it's part of my body and a Nova and I always take the Nova hunting. I bought mine when they first came out and have talked every body in camp to do the same...except Dad, he needs an auto so he bought the M1 and none of us are disappointed at all. Great guns!!!

I shoot a Nova. I bought it the first year it came out. It is too heavy, and the parts move to much and are noisy. BUT.... I shoot the gun much better than others I have owned, so I stay with it. I will say this, it has never jammed and has never failed or broken. I have done just about everything with it, including paddle a duck boat. It will be in my hands tomorrow.

My backup gun is a Benelli Nova. That thing is a tank. I have literally broken ice off the gun when pumping shells and it just keeps going. About as good of a work horse as I have seen.

I have an M1 Super 90, Nova, 870 and Browning A5. I know the Nova is heavier than the M1 but not that big of a deal. I weighed them with a digital fish scale. The Nova is 8# 4oz, A5 is 8# 2oz, 870 is 7# 12oz and M1 is 7#7oz. So Nova is 13 oz heavier than the M1, 8 oz heavier than the 870 and 2 oz heavier than the A5.

I shoot an SBE with a Patternmaster and they are a LETHAL combination to say the least! I can not think of anything I could even mildly complain about. I don't think I will be buying any other gun but a Benelli for a longe time!!

Benelli Nova right here. Hopefully a new black eagle two one of these days!!

Does any one know how much mor does a SBE kick more than a SBE2. I've seen the magizines and such but never herd any thing. (alot more, little more)?