• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rangefinders Nikon 440 vs Leupold RXII

kendog

It just depends on how you use it. The change in distance over a shot of 35yds would not be that much. If I was hunting elk or deer or something and I was checking a shot of 150yds then know the exact distance might be important.

Personally I only use my rangefinder mostly for bowhunting and so I didn't find the inclinometer options that needed. If it suits your style of hunting more than that choice is up to you.

Completely depends what you want it for. I got mine (RXII) for an elk bow hunt. I ranged a cow elk one night and she was 47 yds away down a 36 degree slope. The actual distance horizontally was 40 yds. So due to the slope it added 7 yds.

I also hunt antelope and decided after last years hunt that I wanted one. them little buggers are so deceving as to how far away they are.

I have heard people say they like the menu feature of nikon better and that they are less complicated menu options than the RXII. But the 440 doesn't have as many options as the RXII either. I am very happy with my RXII and choice to choose it.

I looked at them both and ended up with the leupold just thought it had so many more features for the money. You can't beat the price of the nikon for a standard. But as a bowhunter how hunts in the air quite a bit I wanted the Tru Balistic option.

Not trying to bash Leupold here, I love thier product. However, I'll warn you that MANY people are having problems with the RX series of range finders. If you want angle compensation, I'd suggest the Bushnell Scout 1000. Not trying to start any argument with anyone who has an RX, but if you look on several of the archery websites you'll see there are a ton of people reporting problems with them. This surprises me given that Leupy typically puts out such good products.