• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Bathroom Concern

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Hey guys I am just in my first week with my new springer. She is 11 weeks old. I just got her last week. I noticed that sometimes when she goes to the bathroom. Sometimes it is kind of runny. Is this common. They told me that she was just given some dewormer right before I picked her up. It has been like this since I got her. She seems to act completly fine. And seems to be doubling in size everyday. Any help

farggingicehole

Several things can cause this issue. "Maybe" the new "enviroment" has gotten her overly excited or worried being away from the litter and upset her stomach. "Maybe" the breeder gave her a different food than you are feeding now. "Maybe" it's possible the kids are feeding her scarps from the table? "Maybe" the treats given to her are more or not the same as she is used to? Usually it will clear up quickly, see the vet if it has'nt in a few days. Just my two cents.

Powerstroke

I agree, wait a couple more days. If it doesn't get better than see the vet. Lots of new changes and new stress will do that to a dog.

Congrats and good luck with your new springer.

Kallista

Limit her water intake.. Look up water logged puppy on here

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

She is fed the same food. And I have no kids, so she hasn't been fed any different. I mean it's not like diahrea or anything. The last couple days she seems to have had a normal one, then she walks like another five feet and the next one is a little less solid then the first one. She has been drinking alot of water though. Not as much as you have stated in yours though. I would say she is drinking about 2 or 3 cups a day.

LABS4ME

Probably a puppy parasite. Lots of different intestinal bacteria(s) can form in a puppy... especially under stress. A 10 day regimen of medicine should clear it up... Bring a fecal sample to the vet. They will have an answer for you in no time. I see you're from Cottage Grove, Try Dr. Cederstrom of Park Grove Pet hospital. They'll straighten the pup out right away!

Good Luck!

Ken

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Now today it has been just fine. So who knows. Labs are you familiar with park grove? I still haven't chosen a vet yet. Someone suggested them and carver lake in woobury.

LABS4ME

They are both very good vets! Smart too... (they both have Labs out of my dogs grin.gifhehehe). My choice is Cederstrom @ Park Grove, because he is close to home and I can openly challenge conventional vet practices with him and he is honest and forthright in his answers. He has also earned my deepest respect as a vet. DR. Cederstrom has done everything for me the last few years including saving 2 of my whelping females! I have total confidence in all that he does.

Dr. Gugisburg @ Carver Lake is a bang-up guy himself and is a hardcore hunter, so he is really into sporting dogs. I have never used his practice, but I would not hesitate to do so. He came over to Park Grove to take a picture of his pup being born (C-section) and when very severe complications set-in and Dr. Cederstrom needed another vet to assist, he jumped right in at no charge! The 2 of them are friends and talk highly of each other, so I don't think you would do wrong at either place! Tell either that I gave them high marks!

Back to your pup... I'd still take a stool sample in if you even see it one more time. Take it from that stool... My last lab pup did the same thing, runny stools and then fine for a day or two and then back again... She went through this twice as a pup. Eventually they tend to outgrow it, but I still treated it and it turns around in a hurry. It is inexpensive to get a fecal exam and the meds if needed...

Good Luck!

Ken

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Hey labs. I just thought I would let you know. My dog started getting the looser stools again. So I brought her in to carver lake to get her checked out. Everything came back negative. Thank god. I just thought you might want to know that Dr. Gugisburg left carver lake. I guess he opened up his own vet clinic somewhere by bill's gun shop.

LABS4ME

Yeah, I just found that out yesterday form Dr. Cederstrom. Glad all is O.K. with the pooch.

Good Luck!

Ken