• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Watch out for bears at Lilydale boat ramp

bobbymalone

No not those kind of bears.... I am talking about big, burly, hairy men.

I have been fishing for flatties at those wingdams near the boat ramp a few times a week for the past few weeks. The first few times I got down there, I noticed a few people just sitting in their cars down in the back of the parking lot. Thought it was kind of weird, but didn't think much about it. Then I started noticing that there is pretty much a constant flow of middle aged men disappearing into the woods back there for 10-20 minutes. Some of these gentleman were not really dressed for a hike, stuff like dress pants/shoes, ties, etc. Saw a couple guys wander off into the woods carrying unidentifiable rolled up magazines.

Who wears dress pants for a nature walk?

Who brings magazines on a nature walk?

I called it in as "suspicious activity" to the SP police dept and they confirmed my suspicions:

The area is a known hotspot for anonymous sex. Apparently that crowd has moved from the MSP bathrooms across the river to Lilydale.

Don't go wandering off into the woods unless you want to witness lewd acts and/or be solicited. Call in suspicious activity you witness to the SP police dept.

There is good shore fishing to be had in that area and it's a great place drop into the metro stretch of pool 2. It is unfortunate that creepy dudes are milling around and you have to watch your @$$.... literally.

I've heard some disturbing stories a couple times over the last year or two from that area. The one included a guy wearing nothing but chaps. mad.gif

I have seen the cars, but did not pay attention to who was in them. I figured something was up, but never really cared. I have dealt with them up in ER, seen them in Anoka and Black dog area and had my thought about them at lilydale.

I figure if anything, they are just there for the lude conduct and their presence in parking lot helps against break in's. Knock on wood; I have never had a break in issue at Lilydale. There’s all ways some one in back of parking lot area.

I figure as long as they do not approach me, I do not see them and they go deep in woods. What are ya going to do?

This issue comes up at every good fishing area in MN. I will call in any weird things I see, but as an avide MN and Miss river fisherman, I kind of have come to just forget about it. Untill the police do a sting or something, they are their. After the police crack down, its only a matter of time untill they are back!

I figure it is just part of fishing the river. Its better than gang bangers, muggers or drug dealers. The perves seem to keep to them selves, while the other types do not!

At least what I have found!

Actually i've noticed that sort of activity for quite some time now over the past few years that i've started fishing down there.

It's definately suspicious as you don't know what type of people they are or what they are really doing. I recommend avoiding everyone & anyone down there.

SO, WHAT DO THESE GUYS DO? WALK UP TO ANOTHER GUY'S DEER STAND, TAP THEIR FOOT A COUPLE OF TIMES ON THE GROUND, AND LOOK UP THROUGH THE GRATING ON THE STAND, AND RUB THE TREE A FEW TIMES WHEN THEY ARE TROLLING FOR A "FRIEND"?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? DONT THEY KNOW THERE ARE LOTS OF TICKS RUNNING AROUND THERE. FOR GOD'S SAKE WEARING ONLY CHAPS IS A SURE WAY TO GET BIT UP BY DEER FLIES AND MOSQUITOS.

IMAGINE BEING ON A NATURE WALK WITH YOUR 8 YEAR OLD AND RUNNING INTO THAT? "HEY DAD, WHAT ARE THOSE TWO DUDES DOING?" UMMM, UMMMM, CHECKING FOR TICKS?

Been their, done that at Bobcock park in Elk River!

I sure do not bring kids down to park any more and I just avoid it all together.

Lillydale is different. Really no park to bring kids to. Nice walking area and bike riding.

A pervert could go unnoticed down their quite easy. At Babcock in ER, it is a family type park for picnics and such. Plus the woods are a lot thinner their.

When you talk about Lillydale and Blackdog, it is a big area park and more for wild life. Keep them their. No neighborhoods or kids riding bike to it (easily).

Quote:

When you talk about Lillydale and Blackdog, it is a big area park and more for wild life. Keep them their. No neighborhoods or kids riding bike to it (easily).

keep it at @#$#@ing home is what i say.

there was something in the news about there two years ago, Lilydale and Crosby park. They caught a couple Pastors at crosby. Anyone else remember that?

I've only fished there a few times. Twice this summer I had strange looks from middle aged dudes either walking or slowly driving by. Man, there were alot of people there too and it was the middle of the day.

Have there been any reports of violence or serious crime down there? I'm more worried that I'll be robbed, stabbed or my car stolen than having any trouble with the "bears". I think I know one good hand signal that will give the message I'm not interested.

The last 5 years or so, the violence has not been an issue!

The mexy gang's from the westside have not been hanging out down at Lillydale.

I have noticed older men at the swing bridge more often! I put together a perve thing, but have not seen anything like I have at Elk River Babcock Park!

I figure it was a bit of time, before they started down their.

I will report anything I see! I like this area and it would be a shame if this persists.

It takes just a little to scare theses perves. They will come back, but persitance easies resiatance.

A few yrs ago me and my bro parked down by the lilydale launch lot and walked along the bank upriver to one of the wing dams to fish. We stumbled across a younger guy about 40ish and a older guy maybe 60ish going at behind a big fallen tree, accompanied by some rear slappings. We were no more than 20 ft away when we got a clear picture of what was going on. OH MY shocked.gif, did we get traumatized for life. Never went fishing there again.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sticking to 'tonka

and the bikini clad "Honey Bears"!!! grin.gif

Quote:

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sticking to 'tonka

and the bikini clad "Honey Bears"!!!
grin.gif

Right on the Money!

Maybe the magazines were In Fisherman or something. They were just going into the woods to read about new "plugging" techniques. crazy.gif

Quote:

and the bikini clad "Honey Bears"!!!

The last thing I would want to see is any of these perves in a bikini grin.gif

And like I said, they have to pick some of the best fishing spots in the cities to do this. What a shame!

What do you do? Any were on the rivers is subject to this B.S...

so you have not ever fished on calhoun and seen the dudes jogging around the lake on a nice summer day in their bright yellow bananna hammocks? that's such a treat.

Guys, I know you guys are going to get on my case, but I say if it stops people from breaking into my vehicle and stealing rods and tackle, what they do off in the woods is there business. Not trying to start a moral uprising, but seriously, I'd rather enjoy the fringe benefit of not having to worry about my stuff than whatever you guys think is going on out there.

As long as I don't have to stumble into it like a few of you have.

Quote:

Their wives and families would find out!

They can not meet as many perves at home

Well last I checked there are hotel/motels in town. I have to agree with Johnny, keep it out of our parks! When these guys get caught they should have their picture pastered on the internet. Now that might get their attention. blush.gif

I was being sarcastic when I posted that!

They do, when they do a sting or bust! Every one at Black Dog get their 15 minutes of fame last summer!

0761104524_sex_sting_hd.jpg

0761104540_sex_sting_two-HD.jpg

Anyone see someone they know? Here is the link to the story!

Sex sting Black Dog!

Da_Chise,

I agree. Funny how it works. If you don't want your horn honked, I'm pretty sure the bears wont honk it. And if extra cops keep my tackle and tools in my truck and my wallet in my pants....then great.

It is nice to know in advance though if wierd stuff is happening more than the usual. I don't have my kids living in a bubble, and other people's kicks are none of my business as long as it is not threatening, but I truly would have blown a gasket had I brought any of my kids down there to fish and they saw "Bear Wrestling".

I was there last monday morning early. I didn't know about this stuff. I saw some guys and cars, didn't know what they were doing, but knew the situation wasn't "right", so I pulled out and went to the Hidden Falls ramp. One time I did come to this ramp and saw a car up on blocks, so other shenaneguns is possible there. I think the deal is that it's kind of a remote area.

Quote:

so you have not ever fished on calhoun and seen the dudes jogging around the lake on a nice summer day in their bright yellow bananna hammocks? that's such a treat.

**Bad Mental Image** shocked.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Their wives and families would find out!

They can not meet as many perves at home

Well last I checked there are hotel/motels in town. I have to agree with Johnny, keep it out of our parks! When these guys get caught they should have their picture pastered on the internet. Now that might get their attention. blush.gif

Not only are there hotel/motel rooms, but don't forget the men's room at the airport!