• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Waterfowl Photos

Here are a few of my pics from this season:

Here is a nice pintail and a banded goose.

IMG_0263.jpg

Teal and Woodies

IMG_0264.jpg

At least the breast meat is okay...

IMG_0266.jpg

Woodie...should have put this one on the wall.

IMG_0267.jpg

Mallard and Pintail

IMG_0280.jpg

Mallards and a Redhead

IMG_0288.jpg

Mixed bag

IMG_0292.jpg

Mallards, Ringbills, and a Ruddy

IMG_0293.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fish'n guy

• Dean Schellinger

• Tippman

• nate larson

Thanks guys. I wish this was my homestead. A buddy of mine has a duck shack on some leased land in Southern Minnesota. Most of these birds were shot there. Although a few of these ducks were shot in North Dakota. My wife's parents have some land up there. Lucky me! laugh.gif

Well, I bet you never had a day like this.... we left out the other birds. Don't let the angle confuse you... that's 6 spoonies baby cool.gif

img107.jpg

Ha ha looks like you have some good eatin there lanyard. I was in southwestern Mn last weekend and saw more shovelers than I've ever seen before.

I made it down to the swamp today with my bro-in-law and his dad for what will be my last duck hunt of the year , but we finally got into the mallards!!!, they were everywhere and we were able to pick and choose our drakes and had our limit of greenheads by 1pm, they were decoying perfectly almost everytime. Almost all ducks seen today were mallards and there just wasn't much of anything else around, we passed on 2 greenwing teal that landed in the deeks right after shooting time in hopes of "better" ducks but we were able to smack one gadwall before we called it a day.

my four greenheads . . .

2007ducks001eo6.jpg

2007ducks001eo6.127374fb23.jpg

Gun Jammed, so I was sharing a gun all day, there were three of us and one guy coudn't hit anything! Literally nothing at all. A couple landed on the water and he even tried to splash em and still missed! Winter2007036.jpg Not the smoothest day but still a great time!

Sounds like an awesome hunt Shawn. Congrats on the great mallard shoot! I am jealous. I never did get out again after last weekend.

thanks nate, only a couple more weeks of goose hunting left then its time to get serious bout ice fishing

Yeah...although I have a feeling that some of the early ice spots around Rochester will have walkable ice by Sunday! That's what I am hoping for anyway.

Quote:

Quick, Look like some nice Green Heads!!!

Thanks, If only there were more days left. Too bad season is ending, I know there's always goose hunting, but I never hunted fields before. No Land to hunt, seems like you gotta know somebody and I'm not from around here originally. So...good luck to all you late seasoners! I'm calling it a year.

Well if you ever get the chance to go and hunt ducks in a field do it. The later it is in the year the better. I love hunting them in fields and when there are northern birds coming down that is when it’s the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would wait until the seaosn was over for the most part before I posted up the hunting pics. Its not completely over for the most part but its getting down there, so here are some of the Early season honkers we wacked in SD and MN.

Opening Day MN.

1296984407_f9aac5fea0.jpg

Now back to South Dakota for some early honkers! Opening weekend was a little wet but the birds wanted in both days!

1360072565_332be8f0c1.jpg

1360072751_5d7e56d54e.jpg

The next two weeks after the Sept 8th opener were pretty good to us as well with some pretty nice piles of birds taken from the fields.

1440284149_bcc4dac779.jpg

1440284203_071b4ccee5.jpg

1441144586_580468586f.jpg

1440289695_6a37400624.jpg

1441150060_42bd07509a.jpg

1441150370_bd4e1a5b86.jpg

1441150248_76c9dfe7be.jpg

1441145304_9032b9e0eb.jpg

That pretty much wraps up our early season so now its on to regular season photos.

Now on to the regular season pics. These birds were taken from MN and SD as well from Sept 29th through December 2nd. Enjoy!

Opening Day

1580046653_70d7d15de3.jpg

A couple mixed bag shoots we had the first week of October.

1580935358_d41ae3e7b4.jpg

1580935198_30fd140e71.jpg

2099606211_5ac8cc32de.jpg

2099595447_50acafe24d.jpg

2099595043_3349d8d935.jpg

We finally got sick of the smelly redheads and other divers and pursued mallards and that proved to be a great time in the picked and flooded corn!!

2099595371_1fd8d2890f.jpg

2100374468_484a8d99a6.jpg

2102238823_60b30fcc58.jpg

2099606537_e4860ef320.jpg

2099595305_9d85941094.jpg

2102229449_2bca39d89f.jpg

2100374584_8310d1b2f1.jpg

2099595553_9f45cd398c.jpg

So anyhoo thought I might share some of these with ya! I gotta say it looks like everyone else has been doing great this year too which is awsome to see!! Keep it up on them late season honkers! Still some great shooting yet to come!! Well take er easy!!

I also got a few pics from my buddies camera while we were out that I thought you might like. here they are.......

Some snows lookin at the Avery's!

2099606555_dd9768a739.jpg

2099606389_89fcb2a8c7.jpg

Some more flying carp piling in the fields!

2099606369_80dfc3724a.jpg

2100385786_20d599d67b.jpg

A nice swan My roomate wacked when we went pass shooting! I was hoping I coulda dropped one too so we could get a pic of both of us but I didn't want to risk crippling one on a 40 yard shot so I never pulled the trigger. They are fun and challenging birds to hunt though!

2099606679_6043dde927.jpg

And here is some of the blingage from this past season.

2102229845_30b4dbc39e.jpg

2103010046_471857a56a.jpg

2103010024_35900bcff2.jpg

1296983105_31d3203edb.jpg

fish n'guy...

it's official now, i hate you.

just kidding, i am insanely jealous though.

wh1stler

Thanks whistler! I am willing to bet you saved a LOT more money than I did though intstead of wasting it on gas and shotgun shells!! lol!! take er easy!!

heres a few from my season. some of these might have already been posted on different threads, i cant remember, also some of these have been posted on other forums so they might look familiar to some.

first day of our nodak trip. mostly gaddies.

IMG_0334.jpg

a shot of a field spread on our last nodak day.

IMG_0339.jpg

brad and rob with a banded goose in nodak.

IMG_0345.jpg

some mallards working the spread in nodak.

IMG_0358.jpg

last day on the trip was the best day!

IMG_0360.jpg

frosty decoys up in fergus.

07lategoosefergusfalls029jpgcroped.jpg

two birds about to have a really bad day.

07lategoosefergusfalls041jpgcroped.jpg

done deal.

07lategoosefergusfalls043jpgcroped.jpg

ottertail ferry service.

07lategoosefergusfalls082jpgcroped.jpg

trying to stay warm.

07lategoosefergusfalls077jpgcroped.jpg

hero shot at the hotel in fergus.

07lategoosefergusfalls060jpgcroped.jpg

Wow, great pics guys. Looks like a good season huh. Makes me want to go out and get some late season geese!

canatwardki5.jpg

Mid-season Mixed Bag with a nice Bull Can that came outta nowhere.

gooseslayersonrice06cl7.jpg

Drove north to a wild rice lake duck excursion and a goose hunt broke out.

duckopener07ef0.jpg

Opener. Windy, wet, and wild.

It wasn't a good season for me in terms of numbers but it was great to get out when I could. Next year is sure to be better with planned trips to South Dakota in the spring, and North Dakota and all across good old MN for the fall.