• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
smg04

2007 Waterfowl Photos

palisade1kid

Picture308.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Picture298.jpg

Picture295.jpg

SledNeck

My 9 year old's first Goose. One is his one is mine.

g1.jpg

luckycrank

It was a tough morningn the birds did not decoy well till later in the morning we found ourselfs birdless till about 9:AM lots of birds flying but they where decoy shy, we still managed 4 bills and 2 redheads , passed on a ruddy that landded in the deaks and missed a green head that had 9 lives and a couple other long shots but after about 5-6 years of not hunting waterfowl it felt great to finally scratch that itch!!!heres a pic grin.gifDSCN0543.jpg

gatorhunter

Dezi's so photogenic.

CollegehuntHaggsMurrayZielkeKenBail.jpg

Anybody else have a Browning BPS that looks like that? My first attempt at changing the look. Much easier maintenance than the basic wood and steel.

This next one is in a canola field that Canadas absolutely love at this time of year in the South Interlake north of Winnipeg. That's a fiver for the old man with the BPS and only 2 with a bunch of empty hulls for the youngster with the Winchester.

october23.jpg

waxworm

Anybody else think this is an Aleutian Goose? We shot one more like this (with an even more solid white band below it's neck) and there definately different from the cacklers we got.

n93405091_31586205_1044.jpg

hanson

I tell you what... Great Photos everyone!!

I really don't think you can take a bad waterfowling photo. Every photo tells some kind of story and truly is unique. Whether its a dog, duck, limit of ducks, young kid, corn field, slough, sunrise, frost, ice, duckboat, tailgate, etc.

They all capture the moment and tell a story!

Thanks for sharing everyone!

french_lake_kid

Quote:

Anybody else think this is an Aleutian Goose? We shot one more like this (with an even more solid white band below it's neck) and there definately different from the cacklers we got.

n93405091_31586205_1044.jpg

Hard 2 say, I thought the little white stripe was still supposed 2 be on the black of the neck.

Fish'n guy

Its hard to tell by the way you have the bird laying breast down. I highly dooubt that it is and Aleutian goose but rather a richardson. Here is a pic of an Aleutian cackler!

1806674737_41c6237e71.jpg

Aleutians have a definate white ring around their neck. Nice kill none the less though!

commander019

100_1042.jpg

100_1039sepiatone.jpg

100_1041.jpg

tacklejunkie

Quote:

My 9 year old's first Goose. One is his one is mine.

g1.jpg

How well does your son handle that gun? I have a son his age. Is it a 20 or 12 and is it a youth gun? We were up at LOTW and my son was pestering a couple guys cleaning ducks and he thinks he wants to go next year but those waterfowl loads can be tough

SledNeck

Its a remington youth junior 20 ga. He shoots 3" #4 and #2s for waterfowl. I asked them if they kick and he said its no different than shooting short grouse loads.

He's pretty good with it. Carries it all day long. Does everything himself, loads unloads, etc.

He's about 94 lbs.

He did fine with it last year also when he was 8.

169Sportsman

Some ducks from last Saturday. 2 best ducks are not pictured. A full plummage greenwing and hooded merganser. We have been seeing a lot of full plummage greenwings this year kinda strange.

286270212.jpg286270222.jpg

BoxMN

I figured I would put a few "hunt trip photos" showing the entire process of one of our fun ringbill shoots. We ended up shooting 27 ringies and 1 teal for 6 guys and two mornings. No limits, but plenty of shooting. No lost birds, and all were shoot right in the dekes.

First, the morning. Foggy and little wind, but the jerk string worked wonders. We had about the same amount of dekes out to the left of the camera position, total of about 4-5 dozen ringbill dekes.

resize800_IMG_8584.jpg

Second is the post hunt celebration and gear collection zone. Notice the two Puddlers, best things ever!

resize800_IMG_8593.jpg

Third is a cool pic of some of the ducks near the fire.

resize800_IMG_8599.jpg

Fourth is a pic of all of us and some ducks with my bro (HugoBox) and his buddy's crappies they caught from teh kids paddleboat! ha! Beautiful Saturday, 2nd weekend of duck hunting.

resize800_IMG_8614.jpg

Last is of the cleaning of the game. The eats afterwards was fantastic.

resize800_IMG_8615.jpg

Got up the next morning and shots the next 15 of the ducks. Great weekend, and it was proof that the whole weekend was fun, not just the shooting of the ducks. But that was fun too, oh yeah smile.gif

luckycrank

here are a few pics from this mornings hunt. buffle heads where plentyfull but the bills and redheads that were in the area have vacated, evan the mallard pictured was the only mallard of the day .... bring on the cold !!!!!!

DSCN0552.jpg

Sartell Angler

nice pics! looks like a great time BoxMN. That is what memories are made of right there!

Central Bassman

North Dakota Hunting Trip

IMG_0143e.jpg

n1274460058_16066_2064.jpg

n1274460058_16075_6969.jpg

n1274460058_16080_8521.jpg

n1274460058_16078_7887.jpg

rattlem'up

whats with the hens? dont you now thats 2 less hens that could have a nice hatch whats wrong with you?

haha just joking man nice pics! wish i could of been there with you guys Next year for sure!

rattlem'up (hardel)

thaJman

4 guy limit...18 greenheads, 1 drake pintail, 1 hen

bobjeffjasontoddwithlimut1.jpg

bunch more green...

day1duckhunt640x480nt6.jpg

Game hog...ducks and pheasants

gamehogtodd1024x768640xmz4.jpg

limit of pheasants with a little green from the morning...

jasontodddanbobdalewithwh7.jpg

think this is the same limit from the 1st pic..

limit640x480bc0.jpg

trailratedtj

i love the pic with the wagon. awesome!

Shoot2Kill

Quote:

i love the pic with the wagon. awesome!

Yes, that is a classic pic...very nicely done. I love it when people take time to take very good pics.

That ringneck/green head pic is awesome too!

Dean Schellinger

Doggie heaven right there, that is alot of pheasants to kick up and ducks to retrieve.

french_lake_kid

Wow smile.gif

Central Bassman

Nice Pictures!!!

Nate McVey

Love the wagon pic! Nicely done!

GreatEYEhunter

Heres some pictures of buffles my bro and I shot this morning.We were on a lake near Janesville we saw over 200 of em

031-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

032.jpg

ironman

Butterballs are around for sure. Here are the fruits of a successfull sneak. Shot the rooster and the buffies didn't budge.buffies.jpg

french_lake_kid

Holy buffle heads!! ooo.gif

Dean Schellinger

Sweet, I wonder which will taste better, the butterballs or the rooster??..... grin.gif