• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gforce

My story of the 15 pointer I got on Friday night

Gforce

I have read stories on here about other peoples bucks now i finally get to right one. I was coming home from college on friday after my class that got done at 3. I had time to think of where i was going to sit with the two hour drive. Something or someone told me i should sit in the stand thats along a ditch and treeline. I got home put on my new mossy oak brush camo gulie suit and got on the stand at 5:30. I saw does right away in the distance feeding and then i saw a fork buck working his way towards me. He came and drank out of the old cattle watering hole in front of me and then went down into the ditch another fork buck came down a deer trail and waded around in the ditch and drank some water then came out of the ditch and slowly wondered away. The other fork buck came back and came out of the ditch and walked to the edge of the field. Something had his attention and got him jumpy. He was looking towards the road so i thought it was a vehicle but i didnt hear one coming. I then heard bucks play fighting or sparring. I thought it was weird. I couldnt see that way so i thought i was hearing things buck i swear thats what it was because i kept hearing it. Then all of a sudden the fork buck took off running. Something got to him. I then sat there for like half-hour with notin unitl i heard something behind me. My heart starting pumping and then i see a fork buck come out of the tress behind me on a trail. After he came i heard something coming behind him. Then a doe and a fawn popped out. They walked around in the bottom of the ditch and drank some water. I was going to leave the stand early to go to a friends party but the three deer just hung out there for awhile. They finally started to wonder down the ditch and then i was getting ready to go. I took a look around me and i sh$t my pants. I looked to my left and there was a nice 8 pointer coming down the ditch. I started to feel the rush. I pulled back as he came behind my tree and relized he wasnt quite big enough to shoot this early in the season. I was pulled back still and i heard more deer coming. The next buck was a another nice 8 pointer. I didnt have time really to think and then another buck came. It was a smaller 8 pointer. I was still pulled back and then i saw him. The last two bucks were coming. I saw the buck i wanted and i put the pins on him. He was about 17 yards away and i let it fly. The arrow hit him through the front shoulders and went right through. This buck and the last one were both shooters for me and i didnt have long to think because they were walking towards the trees and i picked this guy and stuck with him. I felt a relief after i shot. It felt good. One thing i have learned from life mostly hunting if it feels good it usually is good. The buck ran out of the ditch and across the open crp field towards our corn field. I hope u guys like the story. I will write about the tracking of him when i have more time probly later today. Its a long story too. With the help of my dad and a good friend i did find him. I will try to get a picture on here of him. Hes tall but not wide. Dont get your hopes up for a monster but hes a trophy to me. Very unique rack. im skipping chemistry right now o right this lol hunting is more important anyways right. i will right more later cya

Mark Christianson

Wow. What a rush!

I cant wait to see pics! Great job.

Meat-Run

gforce,

I can't wait to hear "the rest of the story"!!!!!! It sounds real exciting and no matter how big it is it will always be a trophy to you and that's all it matter.

mr laugh.gif

CodyDawg

Yeah, skip more classes and write up the story!! Just kidding, there is plenty of time to write it up later. Us old farts will just have to wait.

Good job and I bet your arm muscles were singing by the time you got to shoot....sounds like you had the bow pulled back awhile. Another thing that struck me is the fantastic hunt you had. My biggest fear is to shoot a monster buck without a good hunt to it.

Gforce

here he is i will the points are hard to see with the pick. he has two kickers that come out of the back of his brow tines. one is long and curled. i will take more and try to get them one here

n1283310047_30013101_7686.jpg

harvey lee

Congrats on your great harvest. cool.gif The smile on your face says it all.

HateHumminbird

Great lookin' deer! Great story too, thanks for sharing it.

Joel

Stratosman

very nice! I could tell your in college still when you stated you wanted to get out of the stand early to go to a party!!! Heck the girls can wait. cool.gif

maros91

Very nice deer. Congrats!!!

Coach1310

Am I the only one who can't see the pic??? Great story though, even though I can't see the pic