• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Grunt Call?

FL SNIPER

I have the same problem. The only thing that works for me is tipping the call down, so my upper lip is halfway across the opening. Don't blow too hard... that is a common mistake.

There is a punch-line (or two) in there some where. grin.gif

I picked up a new true talker tonight, the fawn call sounds terrible. I have to press really hard to get it to work. Thats OK, I don't plan on using it anyway. The grunt sounds great and is really easy to blow. Hope to try it out Friday. I'll still keep the lohman on the wrist though, that works great for stopping deer while I'm at full draw.

Maybe you need to fine tune it a bit. The bands on the call are not fixed in place. They are only a reference to use in order to repeat a desired sound. Try rolling your finger a bit one way or another. One of the beauties of this call is the range of sounds between the highest and lowest are infinite. Practice with it to learn what it can do.

Bob

I thought I had a good grunt tube already...but after reading this forum I bought a True Talker. Used it for the first (and only) time last week on a deer hunt in So. Dakota. First deer I used it on came in on a string. Nice 8pt. Shot him at 25 yds. Thanks guys!