• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prop Repair and question on Lowrance x15.

Sandmannd

Question

I have a couple of questions. First, it looks like my prop has taken some heavy abuse the last couple of times out. I know I hit some shallows, looking at it today it's bent up. Is there a good place to take it to have it bent back into shape and have some of the notches filled up? How much does something like that run? Should I just look at getting a new prop? Also, my other question is that my Lowrance X15 has moisture inside the screen. It's always stored inside a storage compartment. If I leave it in the sun for a day or so it will go away but it always comes back. How do you get that out of there? Thanks for your help in advance.

7 answers to this question

www.soderblooms.com for the prop needs and not much to do with the x-15. Mine will do that on real foggy days but usually a day in the sun take care of it. I dont think theres anything, short of sending it into Lowrance to fix it, that you can do for it. Keep the shield gurad on it while storing and that should help.

If you're near the north metro, contact Forumla Propeller in Columbia Heights/Fridley area. They'll let you know if they can fix or it you need a new one.

I've heard good things about soderblooms, but I would like someone closer to the metro as I live in St. Paul. It won't save me much if I have to do a 4 hour trip to repair the prop. Thanks though, when I'm up that way I will have to check them out.

Found a guy in Forest Lake named Lance. Took it in Tuesday and had it back Friday. Only cost me $50 and the prop looks like brand new. He does excelant work. Took the boat out on Friday night and it moved through the water smoother than it did before.