• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

cabin in Two Harbors/shore fishing

Going to a friends cabin this weekend and he has property on the big lake. if I were to bring a rod and reel, what tackle should i bring and would I have any luck fishing from his beach?

A long med-med/lt spinning rod with a moderate action in the 8'-10.5' area with some 8# or 10# power pro or mono. Bring some spoons like Croks and Cleos in gold/orange, blue/silver, green/silver and pink if you can find it. Also Chart/orange can be good. Connect with a good barrel swivel and your set. This time of year more fish will be hitting the shores and with all the rain we got the river mouths should open up a bit and the fish will be hitting them.

Look for a post in BWCA/Duluth forum about Looper Fsihing by Stfcatfish. It has all you will ever need to know.