• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turd Bowl begins today!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

OK Guys,

The exciting series that everybody was salivating for 6 months ago starts today. Everybody on this site probably had visions of playoff implications and October baseball way back in March and April and then a funny thing happened to Twinkie fans and Pale Hose lovers alike.....THE SEASON BEGAN! DOAH.

So who is going to be first of the worst. YO vs Buehrle tonight. I will go out on a limb (surprise) and say my beloved Pale Hose will take 2 out of 3 but here is the kicker. I will say that somewhere in the series there will be a bench clearing brawl as two underachieving teams do battle as their collective season draws to an end and they take their frustrations out on each other. You can say you heard it here first. GO BEARS!!!

Windy

You could be right with the 2 out of 3 thing, but as for the fight, you would be better off sitting at home and pissing your wife off. The twins dont have any fight in them grin.gif , seriously the twins are a mellow team with self control. This is why you guys have a catcher we used to have smirk.gif

At least you have football to fall back on. The only team with a chance at a championship plays Division III.

Funny stuff so far guys!

I guess misery loves company.

Things have been pretty sad here on the southside of the Windy this summer.

Windy

Quote:

Everybody on this site probably had visions of playoff implications

No one would think that the Twins could go to the playoffs with basicly the same team as last year certainly not 5 out 7 years anyway we don't spend enough money or sign big name free agents.

But you guys do so it must be a lock for you to got the playoffs...oh wait its baseball and chit happens!!!

Quote:

So who is going to be first of the worst

Not sure if the Sox's or KC will be but if I were to guess I'd say the Sox will finish last.

Hey Pier,

Sorry to burst your bubble, my man, but your boys are in the same boat my friend as my beloved Pale Hose. You know what they say, "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" and your Twinks are looking at the same p00p chute that my beloved Pale Hose are. Last time I looked, you guys were South of the Mason/Dixon line just like us!

Windy

Windy- how can a team win the World Series one year then just two seasons later- albeit with the same roster basically, flirt with last place (I think Chi-town WILL finish last)??????

I still would rather be a top turd that the one smothered by all the other turds at the bottom of the pile.

That said, Ozzie and Gardy do have their first tee times scheduled for the same day this year.

Zamboni,

The only way I can answer that and I am sure every one of you Twinkie Lovers would agree. I would rather have one World Series Championship trophy sitting on my mantle than 6 Division Titles. Getting to the dance is nice but you have got to go home with the prom queen to make it worth renting the tux, my man. Second place is just the first of the worst so I will take my slightly tarnished 2005 Championship ring and display it proudly and hope that my guys play a little better next year, hope some of my older stars stay a little more healthy, hope my GM opens the wallet a little wider and picks up some help in the bullpen and a few other spots and go for another ring!

By the by, we lead the turd bowl 2-Zip right now and go for the "flush" tomorrow (get it? Flush instead of Sweep! LOL)

Windy

Well said Windy.

Division title's are nothing in my mind unless you win the whole thing. Good example to go with the Twins are the Braves, may division title's with nothing to show, well 1 I think.

Wild,

I'm right there with you man. I'm sure it would be great as a Brave fan to see your team in the arena each year but you start to expect to watch them lose instead of getting excited about them being there. I know that you can't win if you don't play and that there is a 100% guarantee that teams who don't make the playoffs will not win the Series but I agree with your sentiment.

Looks like we win the Turd Bowl but I don't think either the Twinks or Pale Hose won anything this year. I say we just have one big FLUSH and wait till spring training.

Windy

Quote:

Zamboni,

The only way I can answer that and I am sure every one of you Twinkie Lovers would agree. I would rather have one World Series Championship trophy sitting on my mantle than 6 Division Titles.

That is just flat out ridiculous...no this Twinkie lover does not agree...

I'll take 8 Playoff appearances in 20 years over 1 world series win in a 80 years....of course we also have TWO World Series rings in that span.

You two should get a hotel room next time MNwild is down in Chicago... grin.gif

Pier,

If me and Wild was to get a room, it would have to be up near Wrigley, since they call the area there "boys town", if you get the drift. But hey, you enjoy your 6 runner up awards, think about what a great playoff run you had last year, all three games of it (?) or so and I will keep looking at that Championship Ring. Which we have 3 of as long as we are counting!

Second place is just the first of the worst, give me the whole enchilada!

Windy

Geno,

You are correct sir!

Pick a good one.

But after that week, you better get used to it.....

Unless you can replace it with something newer????

Cubbie Playoff Fever...CATCH IT!

Windy