• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jimmyjigger

Late season walleye on the chain

jimmyjigger

Wondering if anyone has any tips on where and/or how to pursue some late season walleye on the chain. Do crankbaits or live bait seem to work better? We are new comers to the chain. Any information is appreciated! I'm not asking for anyones honey holes, just some ideas. Thanks

Borch

Both livebait,(Minnows) and cranks will put nice eyes in the boat for you on the chain in the fall. Work deeper points or other structure during the day and as you approach dusk the eyes will move shallower and even more aggressive slamming cranks.

Good Luck!

ret swabby

I had luck with leeches on Saturday and cranks on Sunday on the chain. Saturday pulling rigs deep and Sunday shallow. So they are playing. The leeches gave me frying pan size and the cranks gave me a 24 and 25 1/2 (both released)

Swabby

jigginjim

Have you used any minnows?

OnTheChain

A week ago, we used fatheads on jigs and 3-ways and caught quite a few smaller walleye. The fish ranged 10-16 inches, but the action was very good. Even my 9 year old didn't get bored.

balsa

STAY SHALLOW 8 FEET AND UNDER. LIVE BAIT. CRANK OPEN WATER FOR SUSPENDED FISH IN HORSESHOE AND CEDER ISLAND. YOU WON'T SEE FISH ON THE GRAPH BUT THE ARE THERE A BETWEEN 4 AND 8 FEET BELOW THE SURFACE.

Borch

Welcome to the forum Balsa!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Squirrelhawke
      Growing up in South Dakota I did quite a bit of fishing in the black hills for browns and rainbows, most of that fishing was best accomplished with a long pole and just drifting my bait down the stream if you can read the eddies and slacks in the water you should do fine.  Of course I'm assuming they bite the same up north as they do out west.  It was a kick when I went  back out there 2 years ago and on Sunday morning fished the little 6 ft wide stream running behind the campground, all the other campers were amazed that I would pull out a fish about every 20-30 ft no monsters but plenty of little beauties at 7-10 inches. If the water is clean and the fish are there you just gotta find out what they are eating at that time of year.  Hopefully this helps and if I'm wrong some of the guys with Minnesota experience will pipe up. 
    • Squirrelhawke
      I do a bit of fishing from the coon rapids dam on down to 694 and I usually bring 2 rods because I lose at least one lure to the rocks. Bear that in mind and also realize that there are nice smallies, eyes and cats in that stretch of river. I also had over 3 feet of pike eat my stink bait I had out for channel cats. If I didn't have a circle hook on it would have been a nice pic to share. Good luck and hope to hear of some good luck. 
    • delcecchi
      It would take a lot of code to make multiple windows tiling the screen work, would be my guess, and would create few additional sales so isn't worth the expenses.    Just pick up an inexpensive 5 to 7 inch unit and use it for the map.   
    • Wanderer
      You look like the Phantom Fisherman - except the toes.  Or maybe the River Detective  🕵️‍♂️ Gotta love those good runs in short times!   
    • Bryan P
      Awesome Eyeguy! That is a good run of smallies there. I like your spot, that was my favorite fishing stretch for them when I lived in St cloud. Mississippi is such a great smallie fishery. Im blessed to live right next to it too. Now lets get the current to go down some! 
    • eyeguy 54
      I LOVE SMALLIES !  LOL  I am blessed to live close to so much fun. 
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on Elysian this afternoon.  Drove around some shallow areas on the south east end of the lake with the trolling motor and only saw carp. Water is still unusually clear for this lake, at any time of the year, and 79 degrees near shore. May be a great opportunity for a bow fisherman, even in the daylight. Tried soaking minnows in a hole on the north end with no luck.
    • Fully Kraeusened
      My choice would be Namakan, but honestly that’s mostly based on emotion. It’s where my dad and I fished the most while up there. I also think it’s prettier than Kab.  I’ve never been on Sand Point or Crane. Just my two cents. I’ll be up there one week from today. Staying on the Ash River if anyone would care to enjoy a cold one first round is on my buddy. 😁
    • ANYFISH2
      Sounds like a heck of an evening! Alot of fun also.
    • eyeguy 54
      Hit the water at 5 and back to shore at 7. 21 smallies smacked the stick bait.   Biggest went 18.  Had one that did a great jump and landed in the yak by my foot. LOL