• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ssaamm

X-102c power outage

Question

ssaamm

Tried to turn on my Lowrance 102c last night and no go. I moved my other lowrance (332c gps) unit off the dash and plugged in it. It purred like a kitten. So I tried the 102c on the dash, and it didn't work there either. So, it seems like there is power going to the unit since the 334c worked in both spots. If I do have to send the 102c in for work, how is the lowrance turnaround time? Will they give me an idea of how long I will be without the unit? Is there a fee for the repair? Thanks for the help

6 answers to this question

PerchJerker

I sent a 332 to them in August. It was still under warranty (1 year) so no cost to me other than shipping. I mailed it off on Tuesday morning and got it back the following Thursday, 9 day turnaround.

There's info on their site on how to get a Return Authorization and track it, etc. Much easier than waiting on hold for their customer service.

Good luck.

gunflint

Lowrance has one of the best customer service records of any business I've ever dealt with. They won't let you down.

ssaamm

I called Lowrance at 8:01 this morning. I explained the situation and was told that it would cost me $195 to get my unit fixed or replaced. This is a bit annoying because the unit is only 1 1/2 yrs old. Oh well. I must admit my experience w/ Lowrance products has not been great. My LMS 334c has had problems too.

CatManLee

I have had good luck with my Lowrance Units, some have lasted many years, but I do agree with you. When a guy spends this kind of money on something, you would expect it to last a while. Thats a lot of money for just a little bit of use, but I guess getting it fixed is still cheaper than buying a new one?

I have never spent more than $500 on a new unit and this is why...I have read about too many of these "high priced" units going bad after only a couple years of use.

JeffS

Hey Sam,

My X-102c did the same this last May, on the fishing opener no less. I bought a new sonar that weekend, Lowrance again, and sent my X-102c into the factory. Seven weeks and $195 later I had it back. I figured i'd keep the X-102c for a spare.

delcecchi

195 is outrageous. I guess Lowrance's new owners don't care.

my guess is that 196 is about what it costs them to buy/make a depth finder. In fact, I would bet less.