• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bryant Lake Bass?

Aaron Carrell

Hey guys, I'm heading out to Bryant Lake this evening and I'm curious if anyone has anything to report from the last week or so since this cooldown. I'm hoping to get plenty of bass in the boat, and typically I end up with a few northern as well (despite a home owner telling me he's never caught any). Anyways, just hoping to hear good things, or at least a hint at what might be happening. You'd think this cool weather is keeping the skiers and what not off the water, but then again there are some die-hards out there.

I'll let you know how I do in case I don't hear anything before hand.

It's a nice lil lake. Haven't been there for a couple of weeks, but tubes, jigs, and cranks caught a couple. Well more so my buddy caught them and I grabbed them when they came to the boat side. 2 went 18", but I only caught the lil guys - figures confused.gif

Back in early August, we caught some "midget" bass with a worm and bobber (!?) just off the lily pads on the west side of the lake.

Well, we had a nice night out last night. Not a whole lot going on, but we still caught a few. Got 1 northern and 5 or 6 bass in the boat. The fish last night were either very hesitant with their bites (soft plastics) or extremely agressive (topwater). We had at least 3 or 4 fish completely out of the water missing buzzbaits or twitch baits on the surface. It was pretty fun to say the least watching that happen. Not a single fish caught deep though. We tried nearly the entire lake, and everyone single one came out of 4' or less of water, and all but 2 within 45 minutes of dark. Docks were so-so, having only caught 2 off of em it didn't seem spectacular. The best bite by far though on that lake has been topwater, and primarily near dark on the south-east bay, against the pads. Hopefully anyone who goes out there can have the same kind of explosions we had, cause despite half of our "hits" actually missing the lure it was fun to watch!