• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rage Broadheads

Guest Kyle

Not sure if this was covered or not yet. Last night I was sighting in broadheads because I decided to buy some new arrows this week. Found out i have two bad arrows, I cant get them to fly with a muzzy 100grain no matter what. I have heard alot of great things about the new Rage broadheads. Has anyone shot them? This is my second year bow hunting, and I have never shot mechanical broadheads, so I dont know anything about them. I just want to know if they really shoot like a field tip, and if they are reliable?

Just bought them a few weeks ago. I use their practice head and it is absolutely the same as my field tips... no adjustments needed. I also saw Babe Winkleman's crew using them on a hunt in canada... massive entrance wounds.

didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, i was just saying that is was discussed before and that some of the info both good and bad doesn't always get shared every time. there was good info on some of the old posts. be sure to check out their website. there was a recall on some of them. the rage website has/had the specifics.

A guy shot a bear in our camp with the Rage broadheads... gaping wound, looked like a slug exit would. At least 2"... bear went 40 yards and was stone cold dead.

I've used Grim Reapers with very good luck... even converted the guy I hunt with in No. Dak to switch over... Now He's gonna have to see what my 2"+ cutting dia. Rage 2 blades will do!

Good Luck!

Ken

To clarify, the 3 blade versions were the ones with problems. I have the 2 blade versions, using the practice head is just like field tips like said before, also heard many satisfied customers getting awesome lethality. I have not had a chance to shoot a deer with them but I hope to seal the deal this saturday, my confidence is soaring with my equipment and spot, wind is going to be perfect for sat' night. grin.gif

just a heads up! i was talking to the guy at the bow shot here last night. he has had the rage heads on back order for a while now from two different suppliers. if your shop doesn't have them on hand you may have to wait to get them! del

I shot the three blade last year and will honestly tell you you couldn't give them to me. I have never lost a deer until I shot the rage. I shot a buck, the shot looked perfect at 10 yards. When I found my arrow the broadhead was broke. Very little blood. Later that day in the stand I used a goldtip Gadiator same tree same spot 10 yards also a buck and the buck went 40 yards. So sory to burst your bubble but don't get into all the hype.

The blades are thinner on the three-blade and more likely to break. Too much first-hand evidence to deny that they work.

Hey Realtower,

Dont you have any houses to sell??? wink.gifwink.gif

I would agree little bit on the 3 blade but the 2 blade is going to be a bigger cutting diameter. Realtower you just need to aim better, I think that was operator error!... j/k

Shoot straight.

mr

Nice man-meat. Opps I mean meat-run. I just think someone has deep marketing pockets. By the way another one down with the Gladiator.

Hey Dan, oops realtower. So how big was he/she??? I missed a really nice 8 pointer lastnight and had a bigger deer early in the morning on Saturday but just couldn't make out the head gear to shoot safely. Lets just say the land owner had named him!!!!!!

mr grin.gif

was told that last year there was a bad bunch that came out of the factory. were suppose to have fixed the problem this year. All I know is that we can not keep them stocked this yea, in either the two or three blade. work at GM in hermantown.

O

Quote:

was told that last year there was a bad bunch that came out of the factory. were suppose to have fixed the problem this year. All I know is that we can not keep them stocked this yea, in either the two or three blade. work at GM in hermantown.

O

Realtower and I just jerking each others chains. It's all good.

To each his own on what you "harvest" your deer with as long as your 100% confident that it will get the job done. It's your responsability as a sportsman to do that.

mr

Stopped into Cabelas in Owatonna last week, and saw a sign in the broadhead/field tip aisle stating that there is a factory recall on the 3-blade Rage broadheads. Oh yea, and they were completely sold out of Rage broadheads.

I'm a die hard slick trick shooter, but because of their great marketing I was tricked into buying a pack of the Rage 2 blades. What the heck their a local company. I got new limbs and strings put on my bow in July and knew that I was way nock low so I wanted to test the flight out of a poorly tuned bow. They flew nuts on with my tricks about 5 inches high at 20 yards (as compared to fp). Proves you need to at least somewhat tune a bow even with expandables. Anyway, I got the chance to shoot a doe with the rages this past weekend. A 20 yard shot 1/4 away. arrow entered just behind the shoulder and exited through the meat and grazing the bone below the shoulder blade. The deer's head went down and she ran. Within 10 yards her front end was on the ground and was plowing. dead at 30 yards. The blades entered up down hitting both lungs with the lower blade severing the aorta from the top of the heart. The arrow went completely through and stuck into the ground about 6 inches. Broadhead was in great shape with no chipping and ready to hit the strop for some touch up work. I was impressed. Although any broadhead in that spot would have killed that deer quickly. I would like to hear some info about how the rage's perform on bone hits. Because the slick tricks have been great.

A gentleman in our bear camp took a bear at 20 yards with a Rage broadhead... sliced a rib completely in half. As far as I've been told, bear bones are harder than deer bones and this literally was a clean slice all the way in half. The exit wound looked like a slug had created the hole and the bear only made it 40 yards. I guess the blood trail looked like it was poured out of bucket. Pretty impressive in my book.

Good Luck!

Ken

as far as durability goes, i shot my 3-blade at a fawn last sat. night, well lets just say i shot the wood-tick off her back and it hit a log and dirt crazy.gif. I washed the dirt out, sharpened the blades, and it didnt break or chip!

I shot the 2 blade last year and again this year. The doe that I shot at Ripley last year had the biggest entry and exit hole that I have ever seen in a deer. I think that I have shot about every head on the market it the last 20+ years of bow hunting. I hit the shoulder blade on entry and the head came out looking like new.