• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1600+ dead cats near Grand Forks

Heard on the news today they found over 1600 dead chanel cats on the banks of the REd River south of GF. Some disease the think?

Quote:

I heard that it had to do with water temp.

NOT water temp.

sounded like a bacterial infection or something along the lines of that. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the path lab finds...

Glad to see the DNR boys are on top of it this time. There was a pretty large die off last summer as well, about mid July or so. From Grand Forks south to the Thompson Bridge, dead cats everywhere. Most folks automatically assumed that was low water level, high water temp, oxygen related but I question that now. There were sick cats and there were healthy cats as well.

I want to ask what's getting dumped into the water upstream?

Maybe that was earlier, but I did hear that a lot of cats died this year from hot temps in the water.