• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grass Stains

tealitup

Quote:

There is stuff touted to work but IMHO no.

I agree.

Just train them to go in one particular area of the yard....and thats free!!!

• 2 weeks later...

'In my humble opinion' and 'laugh my arse off'. Abbreviated to shorten up typing it out... used to put your text in context.

Good Luck!

Ken

There is nothing you can do about lawn damage. Urine will burn your lawn no matter what. Its usually associated with female dogs because they are squatters and don't "scent mark". Most male dogs don't pee all in the same place, but my dog does so I still deal with it.

The best thing you can do is to keep the lawn well watered to keep things moving through the soil. I only get the lawn burn in the spring after everything from the winter soaks in. After that it usually heals again till next year.

Best thing to avoid it is to train the dog to use one area of the lawn and cover that area in wood chips or pea gravel.

I have tried just about everything and nothing has worked. Like others have said, training to go in one spot is a good option. I just cut out and re-sod the dead spots once or twice a year.