• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm in Iraq and I need some gun case advise

radke22

I'm coming home soon and my parents are driving my car to North carolina for me. Trouble is my trunks on my car are small and I need to get my gold hunter down here in a case so I can fly back during Christmas with it. My trunks are 32" wide 16" tall and 8" deep

and 27" deep 16" high by 15.5" wide

Are there any travel cases that anyone can recommend for a broken down semi-auto shotgun that is small enough to fit in those trunks?-

I would assume you are looking for something like this.

Case%201.jpg

This one would not be good, because of the cost. I am not sure of the size of this one.

I would recommend to break gun down and put parts in one or a couple of those silicon gun sheaths/socks that tie at the end and put into your trunk. I would think just putting gun apart in trunk is considered a case.

Good luck!

This is the gun sock I spoke of in my post! You can find at any sporting good store and Wal-fart!

s3.jpg

First of all, Thank You for your service! laugh.gif. Glad to hear your coming home!

To me it sounds like this case that your looking for, you want to be able to fly home with as well. If this is what your looking for, I do not think that the sock will be sufficient for an airplane ride.

I will do some searching if someone doesn't chime in by the time I get home from work.

"hooks"

Hooks,

Thats for pointing tha out!

1) Break down gun.

2) Put parts of gun in 1 or 2 of the socks.

3) Put socks filled with gun parts in travel trunk and lock.

Now I do not know if this is legal, but hopefully hooks will find out.

Good luck!

P.S.

Thanks for serving and come home safe and have fun.

Can you just get a suit case the size you are looking for and put the broke down gun in there with something to pad it?

I guess the links I had are against forumn policy. I found some online for $80 to $150 that are similar to the one above. Do a search for gun cases on cabelas web site. (is this going to get take off too......its not a link)

( Note from admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

I would assume by him saying "My trunks", he has a couple of travel trunks he would like to find a case to fit in them. Which could be impossible to find, because of the specs on his travel trunks he has given. This is were the sock idea came to my mind.

I could be wrong!

I am confused a little, I was not at first. Reading his post again, it does sound like he would like to ship gun in case down and then drive it back up. I would think he means travel trunks though, because I have no idea of what car has a trunk that small. Well, better off to wait and here back from him/> confused.gif

Jbell,

Nice work! That 2nd one that you found is pretty nice. Hopefully something like that will work for him.

Radke22, What kind of car do you have? Are your parents driving it down from MN?

"hooks"

Radke22 take a look a Boyt takedown shotgun case. It is 30" long and made of heavy duty canvas. It is not cheap but will do the job. I saw it in a Bass Pro catalog at work so I would think that you could find it online or at a gun shop that your parents could order it.Thanks for serving our country so we can have the freedom to hunt and fish.

If you go to Boyts website you will find the take down shotgun case and it comes in 3 sizes-28" 30" 34" and are about $120.

Well, I am having my parents drive my Porsche down from Minnesota to North Carolina. I plan on breaking it into 2 pieces, just need to find that case that is small enough to fit in the car and that I can fly back home during Christmas with.