• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A Prediction For The Next 10 Years:

zamboni

You will HAVE to have Direct TV and the sunday ticket to watch ANY NFL game, due to them sticking billions into the NFLs pocket. Personally, I don't think 10 years will be quick enough- they will do it within that

Why do you think that? The national networks don't get to do it for free....they have to pay hundreds of millions to the NFL also.

I hate all the thursday games, then you have the double header on monday night, then later with the saturaday games. its all about them pushing as many games as they can to get more advertising dollers.

I wish it would stay the same, all games on sunday afternoon, and the one monday night game.

the way its going, in 10 years there will be games 7 days a week.

Quote:

the way its going, in 10 years there will be games 7 days a week.

One can only hope!

Baseball is shoved down our throats 24/7 all summer so why not football? grin.gif

I'm stull using an antennae, its 90 ft in the air and I get a ton of channels, when the NFL goes to cable or satellite only, I'm out. I also think that it is a real possiblility that all games could be eventually broadcast over the NFL network or NFL sunday ticket. Why? You ask, MONEY. As soon as the NFL determines that it can make more money as a kind of Pay/per View item, it will no longer be for sale to the big networks. It's big enough to carry its own stinking network, why wouldn't they eventually air all the games on it?

Quote:

Why do you think that? The national networks don't get to do it for free....they have to pay hundreds of millions to the NFL also.

Direct TV pays BILLIONS upon BILLIONS, that's why. People have to pay to watch on there, so they will also bump their rates. Mark my words- it will happen.

Quote:

Direct TV pays BILLIONS upon BILLIONS, that's why.

So do the national networks.

It'll never be exclusively on a cable provider unless the networks stop paying the fee, which will never happen because it brings them loads of advertising money.

CBS - $622M

FOX - $712M

ABC - $550M

ESPN - $600M

DirecTV - $700M

Those are rights fees PER YEAR.

End of story.

As much as satellite TV and cable are progressing into more and more households, the NFL is such a huge market it will always remain on the big networks and regular TV to some extent. There is way too much money to be made in advertising and as far as the NFL network, why bother when the big networks are paying the fees mentioned above. If they move games strictly to the NFL network and strictly to satellite or cable, they'll never recoup the fee dollars they get now.

When you get the NFL Ticket you are watching the games on a CBS/NBC etc affiliate for that area. It's not a special group of broadcasters, its still the networks out there broadcasting. They just open the cannels up to you when you subscribe.