• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lowrance Downloadable Product Updates

S.D. Ice Angular

Question

Lowrance Downloadable Product Updates

I have a Lowrance LMS-337C DF according to my unit it has software version 1.1.0. I have been trying to down load version 1.8.0 on to a SD card then hopefully upload it to my unit in the boat. Unfortunately every time I “Click” on “install” from the Lowrance website I get a friendly note from Bill Gates:

“Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close”

This is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Have you any of you had this same experience??

What would you recommend I do to remedy this issue??

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Load the Firefox browser, you'll like it better I think and use it for your download, MS has a issue with some program downloads, unless its MS, then you have to use IE.

Maybe someone will chime in about what the "upgrade" does, I did the upgrade for my Eagle FishElite i642 and regret it.

Quote:

Maybe someone will chime in about what the "upgrade" does, I did the upgrade for my Eagle FishElite i642 and regret it.

Not sure what that upgrade does but if it were my unit and it was working good I'd leave it unless it was something I really needed.

MSriverdog did you try going back to the old software? Also what problems are you having with the new version/

DO NOT upgrade your unit unless you have to. There was a thread about this, and about a dozen or so of us had big problems after and update, and had to "downdate" to an older version to remedy it. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" really is true here.