• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pine point - totem pole island

During our incredible week on Rainy this year we had the priveledge to eat our shore lunch sandwiches on Pine Point near Cherry Island. I had seen this totem pole place many years ago and had forgotten about it untill we happened on it last week. Does anyone know the history or ownership of this magnificent place? It is one the most unique and beautiful cabins on the lake. We did'nt disturb anything of course but what we could see from the dock was some of the finest craftsmanship and detail one could imagine. The time invested in it's adornment must have been staggering. Just curious about it and if anyone knows the owners tell them wethought it was beautiful.

OK-

Are you referring to the cabin on Berry island? If so, that is owned by the Berry family. Our cabin is the one just west of there.

JSS

No this island is just west of Haymarsh Island near the "Beery Narrows" of the north arm. The coordinates are

N48 - 50.870 and W93 - 20.993 Caught a 4.25 pound smallie in the channel there. It was huge!

ok-

That is the Berry's cabin I think. Is it just east of the sunken rock with the pipe sticking out of it? If so, our island is the one just to the NW of the pipe. It is half-log sided with a green roof and floating dock. I would guess that the cabin you are referring to has a boathouse with a lead steeple? The artistic work both on the outside and inside of that cabin is nothing short of amazing. They bought the island in 1917. It is about 17 acres and cost them at the time $17.00. What a buy! The father of the people that own it now built the cabin himself. His business was buying old hotels and parting them out. He would get an idea of a new room on the cabin, collect and construct the room at his home, number and dismantle each piece and then reconstruct it on the island. The Berry's are great people and I agree, have probably the nicest cabin on the entire lake.

Hope you had a good time fishing...we get a lot of bass right off our dock!

JSS

That's the one! The detail on that place is nothing short of unbelieveable. What a deal, a buck an acre. I'll take 50 bucks worth please. Next year we'll look for your cabin. I also stumbled upon the old truck that's half in half out of the water. I hadn't seen that place in years either. It pays to find new ground every now and then.