• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott M

Splashing Rock Restaurant and Bar

Scott M

As a now former employee, I can go on record, without bias grin.gif, and say that you can not go wrong with Splashing Rock Restaurant in Castle Danger. The people serving you and cooking for you go the extra mile. The food alone is first rate, but combined with the atmosphere and excellent wait staff that put your needs first, its no wonder the restaurant continues to earn awards and accolades. You will be in the right hands with people that like coming to work. The atmosphere is friendly and you will see smiles on everyone’s face.

For me to thank everyone that I worked with would be a long list, so I will stick with the FMers by telling you a little about them.

Cheffrey. I only got to meet him a couple times, but boy does he grease the skids and makes thing efficient. Really knows his craft inside and out, and from what I hear is a fun guy to drop a line with. Hopefully I will get a chance to do some fishing with him…Burntside Bash perhaps? I may be emailing for some recipes…

RodnGun. One guest put it this way: this guy wakes up every morning and P’s excellence. Just a fun guy to be around. Best impressions by far. Always fun to work with. You will not have a disappointing or unentertaining night when he’s tending bar. Watch out when he shuts down the bar until someone from the kitchen brings him a sugar cookie. A sugar cookie mon! (inside joke)

I’lltakewhatIcanget. Super friendly and helpful. Always gets you what you need. Be sure to visit him at Great Lakes Fly company. Passionate about all fishing and especially fly fishing. Heck, I bought a steelie rod and reel from him. Can’t wait to meet up with him and the rest of the gang either this fall or spring to chase a few.

Quickstrike. Has lots of great stories to share about life and fishing. Many times it seems the two intertwine. He’s flyfished since he was a kid and knows the Arrowhead region like the back of his hand. Another friendly and helpful staff member, enough so that I also bought a fly rod form him! Looking forward to some fall and spring adventures with him and the rest. Let’s see you snag a diver on a roll cast while duck hunting this fall, that’s gotta be worth a few points.

Shiner2367. Probably the guy I owe a debt of gratitude to. Set me up with a nice job that has helped me buy a few toys (Fred Bear tricked out bow, 2 fly rods, etc, etc.) and still save some money for my better half and school. Was super accommodating in scheduling around my day job and was more than truthful than describing the job and pay, when many others in this line of work are not. Great guy in and out of the job. I hope we’ll stay in touch for a few hunting and fishing adventures.

This goes for everyone on here: Life’s too short to not treasure every friend you can meet, and in particular, you can never have too many hunting and fishing friends. I met some pretty good guys in just over 3 months work.

So to wrap things up, go to Splashing Rock restaurant, have a cocktail and enjoy a chat with one of the bartenders, and do yourself a favor by grabbing a meal with friends or family at the restaurant. Ask for Tom or Nate and let the managers know that you had a great time. I know I’ll be back!

Steve Foss

I second that endorsement. Those guys know their onions. And, uh, fish. grin.gif

Scott M

Glad to have your endorsement stf. Nice photos by the way...I think your selection needs to be restocked. Last time I worked (last Wed), there were a few blank spots on the walls.

Steve Foss

More images coming. Only blank spot on the wall I know of is the wolf series that recently sold, and I'm replacing that this weekend. Any other holes I should know about, or you just pulllin' on my leg like Cheffrey did awhile back? grin.gif

Scott M

Those and the self nudes.....

Northlander

Man I used to eat at that place but even after some serious Nut Browns I dont want to see any of Steve's Self Nudes. tongue.gif

Steve Foss

No prob, Steve. You won't see them unless you go into the ladies room, where they're selling so fast they can't keep them up on the walls. grin.gif

And if you believe that one, I've got some great building sites on black spruce bog acreage up the Echo Trail to sell you. smirk.gif

Quickstrike

thanks for the compliments scott, hope to see you back up here sometime soon!

Surface Tension

Great place thats for sure. Whens the next Wild Game Dinner.

Nate McVey

November 10th, Frank.......Already starting to get reservations!

Tom Linderholm

Thanks Da Chise and everyone else, I suppose this is a good reminder that I need to call Bo and write the menu for the game dinner. Just when you think the season is almost over. smile.gif

Hope to see you all there!

Northlander

SS MMMMM. tongue.gif

Carp-fisher

The wife and I are heading up to Two Harbors tonight. Any recommendations as to what I should order at this restaurant?

Ben

Northlander

Salmon wontons for a ap and the cedar plank salmon for a meal or the steaks are great. Thats at Grand Superior just before Gooseberry.

If you hit Larsmont wich is just before 2 Harbors have the same ap and try one of the brick oven flat breads.

Oh and of course wash it down with some South Shore Nut Brown or Stout. MMMMM! tongue.gif