• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Making our fall trip to Cass Lake next w/e. Anyone been there recently, that will share current conditions? water temp, water level (very low, low, average, dry?) I plan on crawlers, and minnows. Does it pay to find some leeches? What depths are you finding eyes? I'm assuming they are getting shallower? Day bite o.k., or shall I plan night trolling? Depths?

Any current info appreciated, thanks! smile.gif

This was published in last Thursday's Minnesota's Outdoor News.

CASS LAKE

A jig and redtail minnow has been the ticket for walleyes on Cass Lake during the day in 20 to 25 feet. At night, some fish are being taken with Shad Raps on top of the bars in eight to 12 feet. Deadman's Bar and Cedar Bar are good starting spots. Muskies are active during low-light periods on the bars and shallow weed areas.

Slayer, Thanks for the info.

My report:

Water temp when we got there was 69, when we left it was 64, after the rain.Seems kind of high for this time of year.

Water is low, but we were able to get every place we tried.

Found some jumbos mixed in with the bait-steelers.

Crawlers only got us small eyes and small perch.

Got some better eyes after dark trolling cranks in 9-10 ft.

Shallow reeds seemed to be empty.

Only had 2 days this time and I managed to hit the rainy w/e again frown.gif

Having a Ski tournament AND a Walleye tournament the same w/e makes for a busy LAKE confused.gif WHY does the DNR allow that the same w/e?

Always great to be up there- Love the lake!