• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Baker one hits KC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Bass

Well for those of you who gave up on the Twins missed out on great game tonight. Baker one hits Kansas City after being perfect through 8 A bright spot in the season and a nice reward for Twins faithful fans. Twins 5-0 Bakers first shut out and longest outing.

Hopefully this will provide enough of a spark for them to at least make a push towards the division.

Quote:

Hopefully this will provide enough of a spark for them to at least make a push towards the division.

come one...seriously...

BGreen,

I'm with you on that one. I mean come on, first he loses the perfect with a walk and then the no no to a guy who was walking in cold to pinch hit for his first at bat since June 17th. At least my miserable team can seal the deal when they get close. Mr. Buehrle has his no no in the bank this year. And didn't they turn around and lose the other game 9-4 to KC?

PS: Don't let the Cubs Logo fool you, I have lost a few bets this year to Geno and this is his payback, a week of looking at this God Awful logo instead of my beautiful shiny World Championship ring.

Windy

Buehrle's been in the league a few years. So how long did it take for him to throw a prefect game. Wait no-hitter right. 1 World Championship and back to losersville. Over priced team of losers.

Put that in you're pipe and smoke it. Good job Baker.

Always nice to have Windy make a comment. Just like a bad movie critic when Windy talks you know it is just the opposite. A real nice game by Baker. There not easy to come by and he may never get the chance again for a perfect game. What a great experience for a young pitcher. I feel for Redmond, you know he was hoping to be on the receiving end!

I was a wreck watching it, I can't imagine how Baker felt.

And Windy, the Twins lost the first game 9-4. Baker's was the second.

Quote:

only to get outdone by a guy who pitches a no-no in his 2nd mlb start.

I'll try and do my best Windy impression here... Ya that kid should just retire, I mean it's all down hill from here for him !!

Im sorry to all of you. I took my kid to the game and told her she better be paying attention because she may be watching history. Well ten minutes later you know what happened. Still I think a lot of people there knew in the 3rd inning they were seeing something cool. You could just see he was pitching great and even if it was a onehitter it was a great performance. Thanks scott for giving my daughter and I soemthing to remember for years to come.

Hey don't shoot me, I'm only the Piano Player!

I was just agreeing with on of your own, BGreen. He is from MN, I didn't start the fire, I just brought some extra marshmallows and a stick and sat down with my buddy BGreen for smore's! LOL

Windy

Brought my daughter to this game as her first ever baseball game (She is 3). It was a great game to watch. Do you all wanna know what she remembers about it?

"Daddy, we went to a baseball game and saw a BEAR on a 4 WHEELER. THAT IS SILLY!!!"

grin.gif kids!!! grin.gif the bad thing is the first pitch to the guy he walked was a strike called a ball and then the only other pitch he got in that count was in the same spot...not saying he would have had a different outcome but not the time to tighten the zone!! Great game for Baker!!!

It is certainly getting old........

You know the great thing about how poorly the WSox are playing? You just don't hear all that bullcrap on the news all the time about how interesting a player AJ is or how great a manager Ozzie is or what a fantastic GM Kenny Williams is....gag me with a spoon...P-uke!

It's funny...Harrelson still says Uribe is a good shortstop and Reinsdorf has the nerve to grade Ozzie as an 'A'. Hmppf.

Geno,

I guess Jerry was grading on a "curve" eh? I almost wet myself when I heard him shoot out the A. Hard to swallow in the midst of all the garbage on the field this year, not sure Jerry is on the same page of reality as the fans!

Windy

Spoken like a true boss....talking out of both sides of his mouth...Reality-what a concept? He'll probably fire him.

Geno,

Today there is talk of a contract EXTENSION for the Wizard of OZ ! Imagine if the Pale Hose were actually North of the Mason/Dixon line this year, we would be looking at Ozzie Jr. running the team in 20 years or so!

Things that make you go, hmmmm!

Windy